Start-Stop-Automatic-Memory-Module

I tried to de-activating mine using ODIS at work but it came back on, but I'm going to speak to some people and see if it can be done purely by diagnostics, I think someone (maybe Jose) had his done

€85 for something you can deactivate totally with VCDS ... hmmm

Yeah but you shouldn't need to do that you just get in the car, start it and press the stop/start button to deactivate it

But you can also enable the memory function with VCDS so still, paying €85 is excessive for something you can pay a forum member <£10 for to do.

But you can also enable the memory function with VCDS so still, paying €85 is excessive for something you can pay a forum member <£10 for to do.
Oh right didn't know about that lol cheers its better than £85 then

Do you have tried and tested steps to achieve this? I think @josedebardi tried it over on a1-forum.co.uk and couldn't get it to work.

Just switch it off when you get in the car

Yes I do press the switch but I forget every know and then and it drives me nuts especially how it sounds like you stalled your car. I recently got the car so maybe it will become habit but I do wish for a better solution.

Like thewanted said has anyone actually successfully deactivated the Stop/Start on the S1 with VCDS or another method?

DomH please keep us informed i.e. deactivation by diagnostics.

I've never tried on an A1/S1 - pretty sure it's possible with VCDS though. TBH as the S1 is manual it's easy to stop it kicking in, don't go to Neutral/clutch up - Start/Stop is FAR more annoying in S-Tronic cars.

Audi already offers an OEM solution for deactivating start-stop in the form of a button on your dashboard.

Reactions: Ian Whiffen
Audi already offers an OEM solution for deactivating start-stop in the form of a button on your dashboard.
Thanks @Stig555 that's what I was saying lol. My routine is 1. Get in car 2. Start engine 3. Switch off stop/start 4. Select Dynamic mode 5. Have a blast

Reactions: gingers3
Another tip,keep your heater dial on full,if mines on full hot it doesnt kick in.

Reactions: Ian Whiffen
i think mines only ever worked once any way , not sure if it faulty or not !! but not worried cant be doing with stop /start !!