start stop

jbssound

Reaction score
basically I have a 66plate Audi A4 b9 and since I've had it the start stop has never worked I have had at least 5 months now it has full Audi service history so I can't understand what's wrong with it and as a side question if anyone knows I've set up the my Audi app on my phone with the special code user for the car and stuff but I can't lock the doors or anything like that from the app im sure I should be able to that at least or turn on the heating remotely?? any help appreciated

You need Audi connect subscription to do anything on the My Audi app.
If your start stop doesn't work I'd bet my last £ your battery is about tattered. Mine was and mine is an 18 plate.

Oh that’s explains that then because my Audi subscription has expired but as for the battery Ill have it looked at as the car has no problem starting or anything like that.. what was your symptoms to know your battery was on its way out

basically I have a 66plate Audi A4 b9 and since I've had it the start stop has never worked I have had at least 5 months now it has full Audi service history so I can't understand what's wrong with it and as a side question if anyone knows I've set up the my Audi app on my phone with the special code user for the car and stuff but I can't lock the doors or anything like that from the app im sure I should be able to that at least or turn on the heating remotely?? any help apprec
To get your car to talk to the app, it needs an internet connection. Have you got a sim card inserted? Is the app retrieving the fuel tank and other statuses from the car?
And for start / stop, I'd get the battery checked out.

Mine is the mild hybrid 2.0TFSi so start stop was working or coasting. I used Carista live battery info to check battery. It would charge above 81% and each time I got back to the car it was at 68%. If the car detects low voltage at the battery the first thing it turns off is start stop in order to try and preserve power. My car started & ran fine otherwise. Don't ignore it as it will get worse and catch you out

Ahhhh Stop Strain this is the so called Eco device that's guaranteed not to save you money but to cost you money by replacing a battery way before it's time .

Not to mention if not engineered properly starter motor , alternator , engine / transmission mounts , timing chain , etc .

My AGM battery is still going 11 months after this reading .

20210228 142945

Highly likely the Stop Strain wouldn't of worked but I wouldn't of known as I permanently disabled it a few years ago saving 5kg and earning £30 .

A range of possibilities:

• Battery on the way out as above
  • Previous owner has disabled stop start with carista or the like
  • Depending on the type of driving you are doing the car is not reaching the criteria to enable stop start. For example engine has to reach a certain temperature, no demand from the HVAC system, heated seats, heated rear window, mirrors, headlights ... the battery would need a higher state of charge in the winter to let the car switch off the engine vs the summer when the chances are you wouldn't have so much load on. If your journeys are mostly short this could definitely be a factor.
  • You aren't pushing hard enough on the brake when you come to a stop... it lets you hold the car with a 'gentle' amount of pressure without activating start stop
  • You are in dynamic / sports mode which inhibits start stop

It's not just older vehicles, I've just had a new T6.1 and the Stop/Start hasn't activated yet, it keeps coming up with the strike through it. When it starts working I'll remove it completely.

To get your car to talk to the app, it needs an internet connection. Have you got a sim card inserted? Is the app retrieving the fuel tank and other statuses from the car?
And for start / stop, I'd get the battery checked out.
No this is my problem my car isn’t sending any info to the app no fuel or any information at all but my car doesn’t have a SIM card in it I was told the SIM card is built in and I don’t need it??

Mine is the mild hybrid 2.0TFSi so start stop was working or coasting. I used Carista live battery info to check battery. It would charge above 81% and each time I got back to the car it was at 68%. If the car detects low voltage at the battery the first thing it turns off is start stop in order to try and preserve power. My car started & ran fine otherwise. Don't ignore it as it will get worse and catch you out
I’m going to check with Carista today what percentage should I have when my batt is healthy

What ever percentage you have after a run should be the same when you return to car mine was dropping from around 90% to 60%. It the voltage that's important at standing it should be no less than 12.6v. When running it should be 13.7 or above

Just bought a new battery just need to get it coded as it didn’t have a bem sticker on it

as for the old battery the image shows the level it was at sorry about the Spanish app language

Attachments

• D3F04412-1C6F-4CFB-A2F1-A5987B3EE8BE.png
    D3F04412-1C6F-4CFB-A2F1-A5987B3EE8BE.png
    236.9 KB · Views: 80
And as for the my Audi app this is all I see? I don’t think this is normal I should have more options I can’t do anything

Attachments

• 9CD8E332-0173-4690-82E4-03BCCB69AEE3.png
    9CD8E332-0173-4690-82E4-03BCCB69AEE3.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 81
Locking/unlocking etc through the myAudi does not work on 66 plate cars.

If you want to code it (using carista) just change 1digit on you old BEM sticker.
You should able to see the full spec of your car and any Audi service history That's about it with out subscription

All the remote stuff came about post 2018 or 19 when the SOS module was fitted as standard.

If you want to code it (using carista) just change 1digit on you old BEM sticker.
You should able to see the full spec of your car and any Audi service history That's about it with out subscription
ok thanks ill give this a shot hopefully my start stop starts working after this

No this is my problem my car isn’t sending any info to the app no fuel or any information at all but my car doesn’t have a SIM card in it I was told the SIM card is built in and I don’t need it??
There should be a slot where you put a SIM card in. I would suggest you put an a working SIM, just to check the built in one has stopped sending data. Mine's a 2018 car, I'm using a cheap SIM from GiffGaff.

What does your app or car do with the Giffgaff SIM ?
TBH - I don't really know, but had assumed you can either tether your phone to the car or use a SIM. I've had an automatic map update happen about a month ago, it def worked because some new roads have now appeared that weren't on my Sat Nav before. Traffic updates on the Sat Nav. Typically my usage is around 10MB a month, so I've just got a £6 per month Giffgaff SIM. I can also locate and get the other updates on the app, like the doors lock / unlock screen.

TBH - I don't really know, but had assumed you can either tether your phone to the car or use a SIM. I've had an automatic map update happen about a month ago, it def worked because some new roads have now appeared that weren't on my Sat Nav before. Traffic updates on the Sat Nav. Typically my usage is around 10MB a month, so I've just got a £6 per month Giffgaff SIM. I can also locate and get the other updates on the app, like the doors lock / unlock screen.
Can you get Google maps?

I've got a brand new 40tfsi.
I've had it 3 weeks and the start stop hasn't worked yet.
I don't even get the light on the dash of with A crossed out.

With start stop if you have CC set to lo or hi, including the setting for the rear passengers, then start stop will not kick in at all..

I’ve still not got mine to work either but I have found a new problem which I suspect it could be. My A/C has also stopped working I can’t switch it from ac off and I scanned with Carista and got a code 262914 so it’s just another problem I have to deal with I’m hoping it just needs a re gas and is tied to my start stop not working