Started Detailing the S5 Today

DAYTONA 500

Reaction score
I wanted to use a sealant on my Glacier White S5 so i ordered the Werkstat Acrylic products and Menzerna polishing compounds which arrived yesterday
IMG_0746_zps71b9f5f5.jpg
IMG_0751_zps398df105.jpg

I washed and clayed the car today so tomorrow will start on the paint correction.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kelza, warren_S5 and Snake Pliskin
Nice Ben, keep the pictures and write ups coming please. Very interesting this paint correction.

Ohhh very nice !

it was a great feeling to clean my car yesterday and see her gleaming.

I did think how the paintwork still looks great nearly 4 months after it was detailed, so well worth the time & effort.

My 2008 TT was ibis white and it is a superb colour and MUCH easier to care for than many think.

Best thing was zero watermarks after rain and it was easy to dry in hot weather unlike black or dark blue :)

Look forward to pics.

Reactions: warren_S5 and DAYTONA 500
Ohhh very nice !

it was a great feeling to clean my car yesterday and see her gleaming.

I did think how the paintwork still looks great nearly 4 months after it was detailed, so well worth the time & effort.

My 2008 TT was ibis white and it is a superb colour and MUCH easier to care for than many think.

Best thing was zero watermarks after rain and it was easy to dry in hot weather unlike black or dark blue :)

Look forward to pics.
I hate a dirty car and get great pleasure from cleaning it,my last 3 cars have been dark colours which look great when clean but a ****** to maintain so this Glacier White will as you say be much easier to care for.Machine polishing all finished today every panel on the car was covered in swirls and spider webs etc found it difficult to photograph with the iPhone heres one picture of before and after of a section of the bonnet looking foreward to tomorrow to trying out the Werkstat Acrylic products.
IMG_0752_zps732060d2.jpg

IMG_0754_zps811f1cf5.jpg

Reactions: warren_S5, Snake Pliskin and T-800
Looks excellent - now we need to shots of the entire car.

Love the S5 in white :thumbsup:

Looks like you have got too much spare time Ben
I always do this when i get a new car ,once done its just maintenance and its my way of exercise[saves on gym fees].I can then have some fish and chips after burning off those calories lol.:laugh:

Last edited:
Reactions: voorhees
God I wish I had the patience...

Really looking forward to pics; great taster shots!

I'm looking forward to the summer and some nice sunny (dry) days.
Took delivery of 5 mid November last year, so not really the bets time of year to take delivery but that's how it fell.
The winter has not been that harsh tbh - just lots of wind & rain - so not too much grit / salt on the roads which is good at least.
But yeah will be nice to see the car on a bright sunny summers day and taking her for a few good trips.

Applied the Werkstat Prime [prep Sealant] first then the Werkstat Jett[sealant], i am really impressed with these products easy to apply and remove with no nasty residue a real joy to use,enough said i'll let the pictures do the talking:yes:
IMG_0759_zpsd30cff98.jpg

IMG_0766-Version2_zps60487bba.jpg

IMG_0779_zpsd99f2b16.jpg

IMG_0767-Version2_zps96f3a6b2.jpg

IMG_0769-Version2_zps48bafe82.jpg

IMG_0776-Version2_zps0f3a06a3.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Pulp84, RPB, amped2 and 9 others
Amazing job, looks fantastic. A lovely car too.

Reactions: DAYTONA 500
A few more.
IMG_0785_zps4b6f516f.jpg

IMG_0793_zps4c5d72eb.jpg
IMG_0787_zpsc6bff1b9.jpg
IMG_0790_zps7f8aa673.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 45bvtc and Lloydie22
Ohh my thats lovely Ben ;)

You have done a superb job there mate and paint has that great 'wet' look to it.

Car looks amazing.

Paintwork and interior look amazing but dare I say it, are they dirty windows I see lol

Paintwork and interior look amazing but dare I say it, are they dirty windows I see lol

Those interior shots were from the dealer advert ,I've not done the inside yet you could say they're pre interior detail lol.