Starter Motor

K

kaizokuninja

Reet,

My starter motor is most definitely on its way out.. had it confirmed by a dealer technician who knew i wasn't gonna buy it from there so i think i can trust his word..

Basically it over-runs when you turn the ignition like when you hold the key on when the engine starts, if you know what i mean? =)

Basically, looking for anyone who may have a spare they can send my way, failing that the cheapest place to get a decent replacement online.

Cheeeeeeers ^_^

i had two from GSF and they were both duff, had the same problems as the one i was replacing. went to a local independent who refurbs them, got a Bosch refurb for 60 quid (half the price as GSF) popped it in and it was perfect and has been now for months.

jesus.. they're a little more expensive than the ones i've found on ebay... generally around 40 delivered.
I'll shop around a bit, there is a breakers yard not far from here, i'll see if they have any scrapped a3's....

Anybody know if they have to be engine specific or could i put, say an s3 or TT one on there which may be of better quality?

jesus.. they're a little more expensive than the ones i've found on ebay... generally around 40 delivered.
I'll shop around a bit, there is a breakers yard not far from here, i'll see if they have any scrapped a3's....

The ones you see on e-bay are not OEM or any brand name parts. Spend your money with caution.

My old A3 did the starter noise for over a year and worked every time, so I'm pretty sure you have some time before yours goes completely. Shop around mate.

one've was a bosch one off a tt that is why i wondered if a tt one would fit... cheers anyway =D

well gsf had 2 different shapes that they said would fit mine, i would check and double check the fitment type from a tt as the 2 that gsf said would fit were very very different motors all together

oh, and just remember that all starter motors you buy, even from places like GSF are all refurbs anyway