Stealthy look - Grill question

Shao_khan

Reaction score
Website
www.woofdoggy.com
I quite like my cars to be unassuming and not screaming out to people - its one of the things I like about the S3.

Decided to take note from a lot of German Ring Vets and take it a step further, I have A3 and 1.6FSi badges for the rear.

I want to remove the S3 logo from the front. Does anyone know if the Silver /chrome strips on the grill can be removed? because I'd like to buy a second grill so that I can replace the Silver bits and smooth the appearance.

If you look
http://www.woofdoggy.com/images/S3_front001.jpg

When I take the S3 logo off it will leave a hole in the grill, but I could take the slat from the Right side to replace the one on the left - but only if they can be removed.

I think Richard? Has changed his grill over - anyone who has access to one could you havea quick check

Cheers :D

Quite possibly the most worrying post I have ever read...anywhere....not even Plank could surpass this

Putting A3 and 1.6 badges on the rear of an S3...OMG

Mate, that is quite sad, but people will often try to make their car that "bit special" in their eyes, but I really think yours takes the biscuit...totally dumfounded...:puke2:

Should you not have purchased an A3 1.6? They are on offer at the moment...

I also have some Mk4 15" VW Golf wheels you could have cheap, just to tone it down a bit more...

Dont get the ruse??? leave the S3 alone, just enjoy it......

I did this modification on my Polo G40 (0-60 in 6secs) and put a 1.0litre badge on to confuse a few barry boys when they tried it on at the lights, that was fun.

But to do it on a S3 is stupid, it only works on 'sleeper' cars and a S3 isn't a sleeper car!

Shao_khan said:
I quite like my cars to be unassuming and not screaming out to people - its one of the things I like about the S3.

Decided to take note from a lot of German Ring Vets and take it a step further, I have A3 and 1.6FSi badges for the rear.

I've Got a suggestion!
I have a 2.0 tdi sport which IMO is better than the 1.6FSI so how about doing a straight swap of cars?

Well if you want your car not look like an S3 you might as well go the whole hog and get rid of the awfull S3 styling and crap performance so I would be willing to do a swap of cars. I'm obviously only doing this out of the kindness of my heart! :rockwoot:

Does anyone know where to get the black rings from?

And are they the same on the S3 to the A3?

RobinA3 said:
But to do it on a S3 is stupid, it only works on 'sleeper' cars and a S3 isn't a sleeper car!

I'm with Robin on this. I knew a few blokes who did it with heavily modified Octavias but on an S3 it's just wrong. At a push you could debadge the back and maybe put the black optics grille on (if it would fit an S3) but certainly not 1.6 badges :crying:

When I get my S3 I'm replacing the rear badge with a 'type R' sticker. Or perhaps a 'VTEC' one. Its gonna look classy!

DiscoPanda said:
When I get my S3 I'm replacing the rear badge with a 'type R' sticker. Or perhaps a 'VTEC' one. Its gonna look classy!

Rover 100 ftw

mitch78 said:
Golf a few years back and after 100,000 mile of driving it only had a couple of chips.

image.php

Mmmmm, Chips......