Just checked my steering control module and the part number is

1K0 953 549 AH

Can I code this for MFSW?

Thanks!!

Just checked my steering control module and the part number is

1K0 953 549 AH

Can I code this for MFSW?

Thanks!!

Unfortunately not mate, only good for cruise and trip. You will need module 8P0 953 549 F.

This is exactly why I love this forum. Two very helpful posts. Cheers guys. Much appreciated.

How hard is it to change to the proper module??

​Changing the module is pretty straight forward iirc Finding one is a whole new story. They like hens teeth tbh. I will see if i can track one down in classifieds for you. :) x

WANTED - the right module!!! Please PM me if you have one for sale!!

I'm still looking for a F module to get my MFSW working too

It'll be a new unit from Audi early next year if one doesn't turn up soon. £180 though :ermm: plus the wiring loom.....

This is exactly why I love this forum. Two very helpful posts. Cheers guys. Much appreciated.

How hard is it to change to the proper module??

Steering wheel, cowling, slip ring all need to come off. Then you are going to need VCDS to adapt the the module. Is pretty straight forward when you know how, lol. You will also need the airbag harness for the MFSW as Boon has suggested, which cost in the region of £40 from the dealers.
Keep an eye on eBay, you can sometimes get a bargain. I'll also look out for one mate. If in London, then maybe I could do the whole lot for you? Just a thought mate.

Mike I have the wheel thanks. Been fitted for a while now. Just want the buttons to work!!

i have one of the F modules for sale brand new in box. please pm me for details... i can also install and code it perfectly for you.

Part now sourced from Ebay as item was incorrectly listed. Happy days.

I seem to have found one too! Hopefully is the 'F' module when it turns up

Would anyone know the part number for the loom as Audi don't seem to have a clue...