steering off centre!?

Luke2.0tdi2010

Reaction score
I picked up my new b8 last monday and must say I'm over the moon!
However, yesterday I noticed the steering wheel ever so slightly off centre, towards the left. If I hold the steering wheel straight it will steer towards the left. It's not a major problem but it's not supposed to be like that so it's bothering me. I don't remember noticing it when I picked it up and drove back to London from derby neither have I noticed it until yesterday so I'm sure it's happened in last few days.
I got it from audi dealers so I have a 2yr warranty but I feel like a bit of an idiot going back moaning about something so 'minor' does anyone have any input at all on this situation? Could it be as simple as the tracking maybe? Or is it sounding more 'sinister'?

Yep, it does sound like your tracking is off mate! I would contact Audi and let them know the tracking hasn't been sorted correctly, and see if they will sort it for you I shouldn't see why not. Good Luck

Reactions: Luke2.0tdi2010 and RS5 JON
If it's got a warranty, take it back, or it will bug the life out of you. :mad:
Best to get it checked out if it's free.
JG

Reactions: Luke2.0tdi2010 and Point_Audi
Thanks for the replies folks. I spoke to audi today, they said to bring it down and have it tracked. To be honest since I got it on Monday I have been driving like my nan, lol literally!! 30 in a 30, 40 in a 40 etc etc I avoid pot holes like Ebola and at speed bumps I'm always very careful so don't know how this could have happened but hopefully it'll be as easy as getting the tracking done and that's it, the fact that it's only off ever so slightly I'd say it must be the tracking. I could have gone to my friends garage today, they have a 'hunter' tracking machine which really is the dogs dangly bits and would have been free but out of principle I wanted to take it back to Audi, will let you know what happens

Once again thanks guys.

Reactions: Point_Audi
I thought the steering wheel can be set electronically? I'm sure I've seen it in VCDS