Steering Wheel Button

twiggytheninja

Reaction score
Loving the S3 so far, but a bit disappointed you cannot config the steering wheel button as your drive select. I know there's a drive select button on the centre console but sometimes you just what a quick change. Is there anyway of doing this via odbeleven ? Surely its just a software tweak.

Loving the S3 so far, but a bit disappointed you cannot config the steering wheel button as your drive select. I know there's a drive select button on the centre console but sometimes you just what a quick change. Is there anyway of doing this via odbeleven ? Surely its just a software tweak.
I think they took this away because the RS3 is going to have a Sport Button or option under the Steering Wheel button something like that - I don't know why it couldn't be an option

None of the OBD devices can get into the 8Y software yet, it's locked down

So what CAN that button do? Can it enable/disable start stop for instance? Or turn on the infortainment? Fold/unfold mirrors? Or am I thinking too ambitiously?

So what CAN that button do? Can it enable/disable start stop for instance? Or turn on the infortainment? Fold/unfold mirrors? Or am I thinking too ambitiously?
Way to ambitious I'm afraid - If you go into the MMI settings for Car I think then there's an option to configure it - Mainly Turn off voice guidance, switch between Radio/Media - Day and Night mode for Sat Nav I think - Nothing brilliant

Depends on the equipment fitted to the car - you select what it does in the car setting menu in the mmi.

Previously it could be usedit to set the drive select mode but that was removed with the introduction of the touchscreen mmi - remaking options are pretty limited