Steering Wheel Help

G4m8l3r

Reaction score
Happy Easter All

I have a A4 B8 with a 4 spoke mfsw. I have recently been gifted a 3 spoke mfsw wheel with airbag from an S3 8V 8v0419091.

Now although the wheel fits and I have the issue of my car having a dual stage airbag system and requiring a single stage one, that I can deal with....

Can someone advise how to get the controls to work on the wheel, from what I have read I need to remove the buttons from the wheel and buy some from an A4 equivalent? or the module?

A basic indicator is the buttons that you have on your old steering wheel, that should give you an indication of what buttons that you need on your new one, I know that you can add options but not fully sure of what is need besides VCDS. I had RS6 steering wheel fitted to my Allroad by HazyDaz and they had to change the buttons on the new wheel to match the ones that I had on the old one - might be worth while ringing them and asking for any tips/part numbers etc.

If the button modules are the same size and shape you could swap them over from your old wheel, that way you can be certain they'll work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfortunately the buttons aren't the same size. I'll ring hazy days this week and see what they say. Can't believe this hasn't come up before