Steering wheel

Adam Russell

Reaction score
currently have this wheel on my 2011 A4 B8 (mins does have an S line badge) will the one below fit and anyone know what part number for the airbag ,i know its dual stage.
2012 audi a5 2 door cabriolet auto quattro 2 0t premium steering wheel 100363438 l
 57 2

Hi Adam - weirdly we are both fitting the same steering wheel to our B8's, although my old one was the four spoke.

In short, no your old airbag won't fit as it's the wrong shape (oblong where your new wheel needs a round airbag). You're right in that they are both two stage, but I was given instructions on how to modify my steering wheel harness to make the buttons work.

My thread is here: http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/correct-steering-wheel-harness.278589/#post-2760237

Needless to say my soldering didn't work and I now need to try and find a pre-adapted harness.

I'll say it a huge upgrade though - really lifts the cabin and feels great to drive with so stick with it.

Let me know how you get on

Luke

Also just noticed that the first wheel pictured has the DSG paddles, where the second one doesn't

If you have an auto / DSG like mine you'll want the paddles!

sorry i don't have paddles just a google pic of the same one

@Adam - I haven't found one yet, but the ebay seller I bought my wheel from has gone to Audi and had one adapted for me (seriously) at no extra cost as it wasn't clear from the auction it wouldn't fit the A4 without adaption.

I've agreed to pay half of the next day postage as it's only fair and he's a nice chap, so it should arrive tomorrow.

Will take some pics and report back.

That ebay seller is a good shout @xpoweruk - I wish I'd found them before ordering my new wheel but I kind of prefer the look of the circular airbag now anyway. @Adam I'd probably save yourself the wiring hassle and go with one of those plug and play options.

If the new wiring harness doesn't work I'll return the one I've bought and get one of those instead. I like the amount of customisation available. I just hope its OEM quality.

Reactions: xpoweruk
Harness just needs repining, no need to cut & solder, although you would need the proper extraction tools for the airbag connector.

Reactions: LukeyC
Hi NHN,

Do you mean the changing around the three wires that sit in the black connector to the multifunction buttons?

Below are all the instructions I was sent, which I followed carefully (although admittedly my soldering wasn't exactly the best)

d14fc8e0077a39ef350e6a089b075122.jpg
588b8800e7bf071598f417b728d46d22.jpg
166e2ad80914612b8056e9c27d288084.jpg
257e0abd6255af0a247a91115b309491.jpg

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Harness just needs repining, no need to cut & solder, although you would need the proper extraction tools for the airbag connector.
Can you tell me anymore about this please? The connector they sent didn't fit, so I need as much help as possible to create my own.

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Well, at the risk of speaking too soon I managed to modify the connector I was sent, so with a quick test I can see all the steering wheel functions work. Only tested the paddles once up and once down but they worked so I'm hoping this is the end of the saga and I have a nice new facelift wheel!

Reactions: feva and xpoweruk
Yay everything works as it should - happy Luke!
69fe40a25e304be32d79428f18850a5b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mogadano, RS5 JON, jdp1962 and 3 others