still no response from abs module

Your new pump module is duff, send it away for repairing but i would avoid BBA reman altogether as they are just a bunch of thieves ! Sent 2 ABS pumps to them for repair, came back as fully working- did not do jack, had to buy new module from TPS in the end and they took over 4 weeks to refund part of the money they charged !

Yep, the ABS controller does not communicate with the instrument cluster as it does not get power- that's why it was sold in the first place !

Not sure i follow

Unit is going to be sent to autotek electronics

What im saying is it bleeped while driving, just like when i locked the wheels.
It did work briefly as stated before

Doesnt the abs module need working ABS sensors for it to know if the wheel has locked up?

If the module isnt seeling that wheel moving it could possibly think its locked up,

I would get that sorted before you go any further as even with a working module you will get the abs light on.

No idea but got the car side ways and it bleeped 3 times
Check your oil level, the sensor will trigger if the oil level is low or lack of oil pressure ! I know mine does that when i drive the car on the limits...

Oil is fine i check it every week And pressure is good as i have a pressure gauge
I tried to make it bleep again but stopping quickly. Or making it turn in a tight quick circle.

This was 3 bleeps. No other symbols came up

Is your display OK ? The blips without any icon on the dash tells me there's a different problem apart from the ABS. If the ABS module does not communicate then the red warning light stays on ALL the time- it does not go off and comes *** it pleases, beeps are more likely from oil pressure sensor if you turn sharp and the oil goes from side to side of the sump...Check oil level is up to max before driving in tight circle.

no i ment i got no other warning symbols like oil etc, abs red symbol still there.
and as stated i check my oil every week and i just checked it to keep every one happy, its about 1mm off the top mark.
idle oil pressure is 75psi when warm, anything thing over idle pegs my gauge,

and also stated i tried to get it to beep again by driving in a "unsafe" manner if you like in a private car park, turning sharply, braking hard to lock wheels and even flicking the rear a few times.

couldn't replicate the bleeps.

i do notice the bottom of the screen takes longer to go from black to red symbol. wondering if it knows the rear sensor is still missing/fecked and stops working immediately?

Low brake fluid level would trigger the beeps, and wouldnt bring on a further warning if it was already showing the red warning from the faulty ABS. Might be worth unplugging the reservoir sensor to ensure its not causing further issues?

When i had a faulty ABS sensor on the TQS (smashed it trying to remove it) all i got was the yellow ABS light. No big red warning.

Brake fluid is good level scanned. No response.
So unplugged abs module ready to send off and it connects to modules bar abs. So going to send this off. And hope its broke, otherwise some thing else is at fault

Lets say the pump and module are infact ok.
What then? Established a connection and tested for 12v

TBH the fact that as soon as you unplug the module the K-Line gets freed up, tells me that it is almost certainly the module thats at fault.

Where did this replacement pump come from? Was it a known good tested part from someone trustworthy?

From ebay. But for £27 it was worth a shot. hes got loads of feedback and a return policy, but my last module got "lost" in the post so i dont think its too bad to acuire a module (and pump) for £27, get it repaired for £60 i think thats not bad

But it briefly worked!! so least i know my car can communicate and power the pump/module up

could i have been unlucky enough for it to bum out on me
or thinking the pump may have killed it?

autotek says a pump can kill the module if its seized

Last edited:
OP has not been on since May, so you cold be waiting a while for a response.