Stolen Audi

voorhees

Staff member
Reaction score
I never thought I'd be writing this but I have become a victim of car theft.
I was parked about fifty yards away from a busy road in a residential area and in broad daylight all that remained of my majestic V8 4.2 litre powered S5 was a pile of glass,in the space of three hours it was taken away.

Oh man. Sorry to hear that.

How is that possible, in a day light?
No one seen anything or heard anything?
Any cctv footage?

Hope you'll get that sorted

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

No help now but get AWG fitted on the next one.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

A ****** Gone , it's an expensive security service , but effective .

A complete one that includes disposal .

Sorry to hear about theft of your car , I know what that feels like .

Last edited by a moderator:
That is shocking news @voorhees. It’s bad enough reading that someone’s car has been stolen, but it’s worse when you know who the owner is Jase. :(

That sucks.
Any news if its been recovered?

Broad daylight too, as said above, somebody must have some cctv surely.
I am guessing they cloned a key through the OBD or was it keyless?

Autowatch Ghost, stops thieves even if they have the key.

TX.

Thanks John, I'll investigate getting one for 'Tonka' when he/she/it arrives Monday next... :hi:

Maybe BLUEY, even... :blush:

Reactions: NevMan and Terminator x
Just disabling the port or moving it will work almost as well as an expensive autowatch option and should be the minimum people do to thier cars.

OBD ports are a liability.

Just disabling the port or moving it will work almost as well as an expensive autowatch option and should be the minimum people do to thier cars.

OBD ports are a liability.
Even for keyless entry where they just extend the range of the key so the doors pop open?

TX.

Even for keyless entry where they just extend the range of the key so the doors pop open?

TX.

You are right.

Though technically you extend the range of the car to find the key. When you try the lock on the car it is the car that searches to see if the key is close by.

A Faraday cage/pouch for your keys and disabling the port when not in use is the minimum.

In this case as the glass was smashed so was most probably an attack on the OBD port.. why smash the glass if you have hijacked the key signal?

It'd be some amplifier as I was over a mile away

It'd be some amplifier as I was over a mile away
Fair enough, ghost would have still stopped them though or the obd port thing of course.

TX.

Reactions: voorhees
absolutely gutted for you Jason!!!! where was it taken from??

Really sorry to hear this fella. *******

Hope you get it back, assuming you'll want it back now some scumbag has been in it. You'd struggle to find another like that one.

Last edited by a moderator:
No help now but get AWG fitted on the next one.

TX.

Hi, I'm no techy or clued up on thievery, but in having an AWG would this not be an alternative way of nicking a car, as all the thief would need to do is pinch the phone? They may not realise it has any device on it until they walk past the car and find as they do the car unlocks itself (if the Bluetooth App is on ) and happy days they're off!

Hi, I'm no techy or clued up on thievery, but in having an AWG would this not be an alternative way of nicking a car, as all the thief would need to do is pinch the phone? They may not realise it has any device on it until they walk past the car and find as they do the car unlocks itself (if the Bluetooth App is on ) and happy days they're off!

No mate you are mistaken..
The auto watch ghost makes you press a few buttons in the car itself, in certain order, before you can start the car.
For example, heated rear window, volume up, fog light or whatever, in any combination of your choice..
Something like that anyway.
No apps or third party add ons, just a sequence of buttons need to be entered before the engine will fire

No mate you are mistaken..
The auto watch ghost makes you press a few buttons in the car itself, in certain order, before you can start the car.
For example, heated rear window, volume up, fog light or whatever, in any combination of your choice..
Something like that anyway.
No apps or third party add ons, just a sequence of buttons need to be entered before the engine will fire

Newest version (AWG2) is app enabled, so it only has to detect your phone with the app running. You don’t need to push any in car buttons.

Reactions: Alistair D and CHEZ
Newest version (AWG2) is app enabled, so it only has to detect your phone with the app running. You don’t need to push any in car buttons.

Is that so?
I didn't know that..
I would prefer the original mark 1 version if that's the case

Reactions: Ghost
Is that so?
I didn't know that..
I would prefer the original mark 1 version if that's the case

I believe it’s an option - you could just not pair your phone I guess, but that would probably defeat the new tracker option as well.

I’m not an AWG user as it doesn’t fit my needs, so my comment is based on the marketing blurb.

I don't use the phone app and don't know anyone that does. Wouldn't recommend using it either for the reason you mention.

TX.

Reactions: S32B, RAF_S7 and NevMan
Gutted for you :-( hope it’s recovered! Tho I’m not sure I’d want mine back after being driven recklessly by some scumbag

So sorry to read this, to much of this going on and the police seem to be unable to do anything. Even when they catch the people little seems to happen with them.

We should all get one of these

Sadly your not alone.

Seen on facebook this morning some poor sole in Birmingham, his RS5 been nicked from the Custard Factory car park.

Last week a purple RS4 Avant was stolen & being used for no good too.

Screenshot 20190331 080905 Screenshot 20190331 081128 Screenshot 20190331 081046

Last edited:
So sorry to read this, to much of this going on and the police seem to be unable to do anything. Even when they catch the people little seems to happen with them.
I put it into the perspective Karl that the police are so short staffed that they cannot keep teenagers safe from knives so my car will be classed as non urgent,also my insurance company seem to be rather quiet but renewal time they seemed so eager to contact me lol.

I need to stop scouring Ebay,gumtree and classifieds as the Miss Marple in me wants to find it.

I had my car attempted last year and feel gutted for you, however if you do get it back check for a hidden magnetic tracker....

My insurance has settled with a reasonable figure for the car and also gave me some money towards the cargo I had in there (sparco boot tidy, helmets,vagcom with laptop,fitness tracker etc)

I look forward to searching for a new car but having an 03 R32 as a loaner from my mate means I have time on my hands.

Reactions: jdp1962, davc, NevMan and 1 other person
My insurance has settled with a reasonable figure for the car and also gave me some money towards the cargo I had in there (sparco boot tidy, helmets,vagcom with laptop,fitness tracker etc)

I look forward to searching for a new car but having an 03 R32 as a loaner from my mate means I have time on my hands.
Glad your insurance settled Jase. Good that you don’t have to rush on your next purchase. What you going to get as your next purchase? :) x