Reaction score
A friend had his house broken into and (just the) S3 stolen

1922_57170664987_7447_n.jpg

stolen near Parkstone on 28th December

HG 56 VMV

Please report to Police if seen

and please share

Andy's post on the TT Forum

Thanks to Richard for posting and anyone else that shared on FB.

Still reeling a bit, broke in and stole my keys whilst I was asleep. I didn't hear a thing
yabb_angry.gif

Obviously just came for the car as everything else was untouched.

Not holding out much hope but am gutted as I'd just had her serviced and MOT'd, she's only done 24k miles from new, so is worth more than I'll get back from Insurance.
bigcry.gif

Anyway, nobody was hurt and it is just a car I suppose, it's the brazen intrusion into my home that hurts me more.

https://www.facebook.com/andy.fleming.902

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to hear this... I might be a bit far away in Glasgow, but i'll keep my eyes peeled, as often look at all the s3's around here...

Just another prime example as why I always hide my keys in the house somewhere...

Good to hear nobody was hurt,I do hope its found untouched.

This is the third story I've heard this past week of a stolen car (not just s3s), must be the time of year the scum bags come out.... Take care everyone, hide those keys!

This is the third story I've heard this past week of a stolen car (not just s3s), must be the time of year the scum bags come out.... Take care everyone, hide those keys!

Probably because they know people are getting drunk on an evening time and paying less attention to home security maybe

Hate coming on to read these stories. Don't worry about the car, your right it's just a car. Try and work on erasing the bad memories of some scum bag tw*t been in your home, even worse when you was asleep.

Dirtbags.

I hope they're caught,but we all know the chances of that.

Really sorry to hear it.

Sorry to hear it mate - I know how it feels as I had the same done - and on my birthday the thieving scum!!! Car was found parts taken off and torched. The insurance did pay out what the car was worth tho I just didn't take their first offer and told them that it was immaculate etc etc.
I dare say if they found it you wouldn't want it back.
Fingers crossed for you mate and I'll keep look out in the midlands!!

Sorry to hear about the car, im sometimes in the bournemouth pool area so ill keep an eye out. Regarding insurance it would be useful to have some some examples of how much the car goes for privately and like walto said, stick to your guns about its condition and you may get a good settlement. All the best getting it back or finding a new car.

I can't stand tea leafs. I hope you get it back unharmed.

It's a good idea to keep car keys close to your bed headboard, maybe on top of a plastic carrier bag, at least then you can meet and greet !!

Ahhh man... This is our area! Will definitely keep an eye out for it.

It's more than likely it will be parked up for a while to see if it's got a tracker installed.

Sorry to hear this pal.

Absolute idiots ill be checking around just in case, hope the police can find it

just add my sorry to hear this, to everyone else's.

A few people mention hiding your keys as a way to deter thieves. Im not 100% sure this is a good idea. It may deter the casual thief, but on a targeted theft, could just bring you more grief that you would ever want, including personal threats/violence towards you or the family until you give up the keys. Personally Id rather sleep through this kind of thing, safe and undisturbed than face some thug(s) threatening violence.

As someone else mentioned, fitting Tracker can help with these situations - I no longer run an A3 but have a fully loaded A6 quattro. Its fitted with the latest Tracker (purchased off fleabay, fully legit and installed by a Tracker certified professional) These days you can logon to it and get its location, route details etc. Pretty smart stuff. So if it is parked up, you can home in on it fairly quickly. I also have, separately installed a £40 dial up GPS tracker module, also from fleabay and fitted by myself with a PAYG SIM card installed - its completely separate from Tracker. You can SMS it from any smart phone and it sends you back a pinpoint location on google maps of where it is. Clever stuff.

Hope you get it recovered, or at least the insurance payout what you expect.

Good luck,
A3Q

A few people mention hiding your keys as a way to deter thieves. Im not 100% sure this is a good idea. It may deter the casual thief, but on a targeted theft, could just bring you more grief that you would ever want, including personal threats/violence towards you or the family until you give up the keys. Personally Id rather sleep through this kind of thing, safe and undisturbed than face some thug(s) threatening violence.
Yes agreed,I have so many memories of various weapons used to get cars,just not worth it.

Reactions: Alex_007 and S3Alex

As someone else mentioned, fitting Tracker can help with these situations - I no longer run an A3 but have a fully loaded A6 quattro. Its fitted with the latest Tracker (purchased off fleabay, fully legit and installed by a Tracker certified professional) These days you can logon to it and get its location, route details etc. Pretty smart stuff. So if it is parked up, you can home in on it fairly quickly. I also have, separately installed a £40 dial up GPS tracker module, also from fleabay and fitted by myself with a PAYG SIM card installed - its completely separate from Tracker. You can SMS it from any smart phone and it sends you back a pinpoint location on google maps of where it is. Clever stuff.

Hope you get it recovered, or at least the insurance payout what you expect.

Good luck,
A3Q

GPS jammer 50 bucks and plug into the cig lighter should do the trick

Is there anything distinguishing about the car? Stickers or marks/ dents?

I should imagine it's running on false plates otherwise it would ping on the ever growing amount of anpr cameras. It's automatically put on the anpr database when stolen

You mean that this jammer will disable the GPS tracker module? What about the tracker will it stop that as well?

Depending on what jammer they use it can block everything unfortunately .

Just read that it creates a 500 metre wide bubble around the car making it pretty much invisible.

Last edited:
Best way is to look on ebay for parts for sale for s3's local to your area and then going to view them and any suspicion call the police

Depending on what jammer they use it can block everything unfortunately .

Just read that it creates a 500 metre wide bubble around the car making it pretty much invisible.

Well that sucks!

And to the OP - I hope you get your car back mate. Terrible thing to happen.

Well that sucks!

And to the OP - I hope you get your car back mate. Terrible thing to happen.

Just to clarify it is a friend's S3 (I have a TT), very much a standard low mileage example.

No news yet on the vehicle.

Ah ok sorry, hope he gets it back but I doubt he will. Total scum bags. I know how he feels with the breaking in part, and that part does take a while to get over. Not a nice feeling.

I have just heard that Poole Police have recovered the car - no idea of whether it is in good condition yet.

Reactions: Andy Crooks and sliced
Good Stuff :) Here's hoping its still in good nick and the police get a DNA or fingerprint match.. someone might get a wake up call early tomorrow morning..

Reactions: batch
I have just heard that Poole Police have recovered the car - no idea of whether it is in good condition yet.

I havent read the posts after this one yet, but im eager to reply and say im chuffed by the news..

Well thats good news but depends on the condition of the car now.

Firsty, great to hear the car has been recovered and hopefully it hasnt been damaged.

I personally take my keys to bed with me every night - yes there are pro and cons for doing it but I refuse to give them an easy ride if they come into my house.

My nan lives on a quiet cul-de-sac and her next door neighbour but one had there car stolen too, brand new so it seems there is alot going on recently.

Any news on how the car is? Did they ruin it?

The last I heard the car was recovered locally in Poole and was in good condition.

Thats great news mate, have they got anyone in custody also?