Stolen S3 - Manchester area - *caught on video*

i fail to understand why both doors have been left open? They have the luxury of a porch. At our home we have an intercom and then we can physically see who we are opening the door to at our porch.

I have noticed alot of people leave there front doors open to gain entry in the porch why on earth do they do this?

No security? The guy is inside his house! Shouldn't need anything else!
Locking the doors during the day when you are in? WTF? Who does that!
My doors don't even get locked when I'm out!

Where do u live hahahaha

In a perfect world!!

Mmmm I don't see how the insurance can squirm out of this. The guy took all precautions to protect the keys as they were in his own home for Petes sake.

Any company refusing to pay out after this deserves to be named and shamed provided the video is legit and that the car wasn't stolen by the owners mates doing an insurance job.

I just can't believe it took two of the scrotes to work out how to flip the key put. True professionals NOT.

As for opportunistic thieves just driving past and trying the door, I can believe it. There are reports most weeks on twitter by GMP that people have been spotted trying doors on nice housing estates like they are delivering leaflets. It only takes a minute.

When my new Black Edition arrives the corn door will be locked even if I am in the house and I answer the door only to people I recognise or are expecting. I also consider myself to live in a good "decent" area as well

I feel for the guy, but I also think he should have had some gates or the metal posts which lift up from the concrete on his driveway as this could have been avoided quite easily

I don't see how this could have been avoided if they had the balls to walk straight in to the guys house and take the keys if they did have the ballards or gates things could have been a lot worse for the family involved.

If someone wants my car that much they can have it my life and the life of my family is worth more than any car.

are you saying you do live in a dump?
No I'm saying you never know who's lurking about, do you think your next door neighbour is going to nick your car? No it will be people out of town looking for an opportunity.

investing in a baseball bat x2 , one for the home and one for the car!

I've spent many an hour reading this forum - gutted to say that now my motor has gone I doubt I'll be here much.

I've posted a few photos on the off chance that you might spot it driving around.

Many thanks for sharing the video.

7065685187_efa58a1766.jpg

7065683267_571b971a11.jpg

Reactions: Artimus
I don't see how this could have been avoided if they had the balls to walk straight in to the guys house and take the keys if they did have the ballards or gates things could have been a lot worse for the family involved.

If someone wants my car that much they can have it my life and the life of my family is worth more than any car.

All I am saying is that never say never but at least make their steal as hard as visually possible as it is highly likely they will walk on by and go elsewhere for the easier pickings.

I've spent many an hour reading this forum - gutted to say that now my motor has gone I doubt I'll be here much.

I've posted a few photos on the off chance that you might spot it driving around.

Many thanks for sharing the video.

7065685187_efa58a1766.jpg

7065683267_571b971a11.jpg

I hope they get the F**kers that took your car .........

:busted_cop:

Reactions: MartayMcFly
Hope they do catch the scallys indeed, tough luck mate.

I'm curious, there seem to be a number of stolen A3 threads, is this a problem exclusive to A3's or are the other Audi's being targeted like the A5 for example?

I'm curious, there seem to be a number of stolen A3 threads, is this a problem exclusive to A3's or are the other Audi's being targeted like the A5 for example?

I'd say the main cause for it appearing like A3/S3s are more common targets is the fact that the vast majority of members on here are 8L/8P owners. It may also be that they are slightly higher risk, but all kinds of 'premium' cars get stolen all the time.

Maybe we just care more?

a3/s3 are easy targets for breaking for parts and selling on

sell the seats, mfsw, wheels, airbags, rnse, lights = how much would you make £??

scrap or burn the rest

larger cars are targeted for export to africa etc

Unbelievable! it seems you can't have anything nice these days without some envious, thieving scum ruining it for you.

Gutted for you Chris.

After reading this thread, the apparent lack of sympathy/empathy from some people on here is truly shocking.. I never understand the mentality that when someone is robbed it is somehow their fault for not protecting themselves enough!
Poor guy just lost his car, and bet he's not sleeping well worrying, especially as he's a family man. We all make mistakes.
Hindsight is a wonderful tool for the ignorant and arrogant..
Just get a big f***ing dog.. as has been mentioned.. I have two, and they wouldn't let anyone take my keys without a mauling..
Thoughts go out to you, fella..

Reactions: N8
The 8P has been kicking around for a while now so lots of very affordable cars to be had.

And being part of the VAG stable it has a big enthusiast following, and we all know that enthusiasts like to tinker, modify, retrofit etc..

Which in turn generates a huge demand for cheap parts.

And where do these cheap parts come from......?

So some poor ****** has to lose a car to feed this demand unfortunately.

And round and round we go, Supply = Demand = Supply = Demand. etc.:(

After reading this thread, the apparent lack of sympathy/empathy from some people on here is truly shocking.. I never understand the mentality that when someone is robbed it is somehow their fault for not protecting themselves enough!
Poor guy just lost his car, and bet he's not sleeping well worrying, especially as he's a family man. We all make mistakes.
Hindsight is a wonderful tool for the ignorant and arrogant..
Just get a big f***ing dog.. as has been mentioned.. I have two, and they wouldn't let anyone take my keys without a mauling..
Thoughts go out to you, fella..

There has been posts on various forums where they have poisoned the dogs and other sick things,if it was a family pet that would upset me more than them taking the car,people to realise your car might be targeted and if so there wont be much you can do with the look of things.
People posting about a baseball bat in the car is no no and the police will do you for it lately and the old trick of keeping a baseball and glove in the car doesnt work,but they cant do you for carrying a selection of spanners with a Large spanner in that selection or even a trolley jack with a nice weighty handle i have improve the cars handling so are advised to keep in cars at all time

I'm sure he has a key for the front door!?; at 48seconds you can see him turning a key which he removes when he opens the door.

How many thieves know an ECU could be flashed. APR has a kill mode for the ECU. It's a simple 10 sec program and the car can't move. I use mine everynight

How many thieves know an ECU could be flashed. APR has a kill mode for the ECU. It's a simple 10 sec program and the car can't move. I use mine everynight

So does my Giac but as said from various people if you have a family or anything wouldnt you rather them take the car then having them hung around longer while they were trying to start it or maybe start to figure there is something they are not doing but need to do to pinch it

unbelievable. and the thing is i look to see who knocking at my door, hes on a busy street, you would have to be stupid to have a door that dosnt lock on latch once its closed, i had a handle like this when i had my door fitted and demanded i had a door that you need the key to open from the out side,

any way at least they got there number plate as they drove away

It's sickening to hear anything like this really. My neigbour 4 doors down had his A3 TDI nicked about 5-6 weeks ago from his drive, he was in the house sleeping when they broke in at around 3 am according to the police, they even helped themselves to few beers from the fridge. Since then every day I go to bed worried about my car, the majority of other cars on the road are realy **** so it doesn't help.

Glad to hear that the family are ok, you can replace any bit of metal, can't replace life. Hope all gets sorted for you buddy.

Any news on this yet? found it? ;(

Someones played with the video...

Last edited by a moderator:

oh my!
think you need to get a grip son!
if this is your attitude then your day WILL come!
this chap has learned the hard way, and i dont think he will be leaving his doors unlocked no more!
my mother says she could leave her doors open when she went to the shop!, that was 50 years ago! lol
times have changed!
common sense prevails people! there is always a rat on the lookout for a easy fix!

oh my!
this chap has learned the hard way, and i dont think he will be leaving his doors unlocked no more!
my mother says she could leave her doors open when she went to the shop!, that was 50 years ago! lol
times have changed!
common sense prevails people! there is always a rat on the lookout for a easy fix!
Totally agree chez, the rats travel to the nice areas aswell for the nice cars doesn't matter we're you live, even if I lived on my own island I'd still lock my doors as there's always a f**king pirate about, anyway hope then catch the scum that took your car mate good luck!

Totally agree chez, the rats travel to the nice areas aswell for the nice cars doesn't matter we're you live, even if I lived on my own island I'd still lock my doors as there's always a f**king pirate about, anyway hope then catch the scum that took your car mate good luck!

yeap ^^^

Live by the sword, die by the sword. That ***** will be someone's biatch in jail at some time in the future for sure. That crowbar will come back to haunt his *ss literally

^^î accidentally pressed dislike :S
touch pad...

Really sad this, sign of the times unfortunately, especially in this country. Full of too many people that don't want to work hard and earn for themselves and get a feeling of satisfaction. They'd rather take from someone else and sell all the parts to make money.

Everyone just needs to be more vigilant.

oh my!

That was uncalled for!

I'm saying you shouldn't NEED anything else.
Its a sad day when you have to lock your doors during the day when you are INSIDE the house!
I realize its a different way of life up north but I live in Inverness, its not exactly the middle of nowhere.
I blame the government for letting it get as bad as it is, it may even be beyond the point of no return now.
There are bad eggs in every town but unfortunately they are not getting dealt with properly if they get caught.

Would be interesting to know if any of these stolen cars were found?

CHEZ said:
oh my!
times have changed!

They went in with crowbars ***!
Do you seriously think having the doors locked was going to make any difference?

You need to "get a grip son"