stolen s3

LB63513

Reaction score
hi guys
Apologies that I aren't a regular member and honestly speaking have registered to get some comfort or words of advice from people in the know and by the looks of my searches been through the same thing. My 66 reg s3 was stolen Friday morning same scenario as many... snapped lock on patio door and car keys taken. Nothing else despite being in easy access was taken. The car was last seen 5am Friday morning near junction 21 of the M6 and there's been nothing since then. Separate to the fact of how much this situation sucks *** and that this is a car I've strived to work as hard as I could for for since passing my test alongside the emotional headfuck of someone being in my house whilst I slept! I was wondering of all the others who went through this what was your outcome? Did you beef the security up at your property and most importantly did u settle for a lesser car or go like for like? Any thoughts or experiencing would be greatly appreciated

Thanks LB

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Firstly, at least you/your family are ok, that's the main thing.
Secondly, welcome to the forum, hell of an opening post...!
My car was taken a long time ago, from a secure car park at a hotel, I was convinced at the time, (and remain so), that it was an inside job. It was all my Father could do, to stop me beating the truth out of the hotel manager, who was quite dismissive about it all and really winding me up.
Anyway, moving on, there was no need for me to beef up security at the house as it didn't apply, that said a few of the folk on here in the same position as you, have done that.
As for what you replace your pride and joy with, well for me, it was another pride and joy. Why should you save hard for your dream car have some lazy ar$ed scum nick it, only to replace it with a down graded model...? It's insured, maybe you could look at home security, CCTV systems, etc.
Don't let some car thief put you off having what you worked hard for.
Buy a dog. If the wrong footsteps walk up my garden, my dog goes mental, it would lick you to death before biting, but the noise would have any potential thief offski...!

Reactions: Audi Bairn, AudiNutta, pburv and 2 others
Hi mate sorry to hear about your car, as above to be honest and get another one.

Reactions: Jake 61 and pburv
Thanks guys it's VERY much appreciated especially whilst it's still raw and I'm still bitterly angry. Guess I just needed some people that didn't just say "it's just a car" . Whilst that's true and there's a hell of a lot worse that could of happened it leaves a hole when u were so god damn proud u got it in the first place.

I would love to get a dog for security and company but both me and partner work 8-8 Monday to Friday and every other weekend so I think the poor thing would resent us more than an intruder!

Thanks again!

Reactions: Jake 61
Feel for you mate.
Went through the same thing this time last year and not too far from you by the sound of things.
My car was found 24hrs later not far from the docks in Liverpool on false plates. It had a tracker on it that nobody knew about which the police were able to get activated apparently.
It took a while to get it back -insurance, forensics, superficial damage etc.
It was a horrible experience to go through.
Hope you get it sorted quickly one way or another...
Since then:
Clifford alarm with blackjax
Stoplock
CCTV
Mike

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear about your experience. For your personal safety if nothing else I would get an alarm sorted on the house and use it as well.
CCTV isn't too expensive whilst you are at it and would help to deter some of these people.
As for the car, don't let this stop you from getting what you want, but I would get a tracker installed .
If you are DIY oriented I got my CCTV stuff from here. Very good quality and easy to install.
http://www.cctvkits.co.uk/

Reactions: pburv and 45bvtc
Sorry to hear of your situation.

If a garage it is not a solution for you, then improving security on your next S3 is a must.

Audi OEM security is unfortunately lacking. There are plenty of things you can do, just search the forum.

Main thing is, you and partner are ok. Upgrade your house locks to reassure them, and give you some peace of mind.

Contact your insurers and start looking for your next S3. Don't let the barstewards win!

Reactions: Daytonapig, pburv, Jake 61 and 1 other person
So sorry to read this, a really really cr4p situation.
LED outside security lights
CCTV
Maybe a pull up lockable metal pole (dependant on how your drive is set out if you have a narrow single gateway)
House alarm with motion sensors
5 point yale front/ rear doors
Conservatory ( could be off putting as it then gives 2 locking exterior doors - though 1 is now internal but was formally external)
Simple steering lock could be deterrent enough??

Like you say you saved hard to get to where you are so why should you not have another??

Reactions: pburv
I've up-graded all the locks on our doors & have also got a Stoplock pro on mine.

Reactions: pburv
Sounds like you're not too far from me either.

Had similar happen to me a few years ago when I lived in South Manchester. But it was by a masked gang at 3am who smashed the front door and then bedroom door down and took bith cars as well as wallet, watches and rings - which were next to car keys.

Any road up......

Firstly the 'raw' feelings (anger, upset etc) will subside a day at a time. until you get back to normal at some time in the future.

Secondly. Don't take it personally. They jusr wanted the car.....not to upset or hurt you. And they wanted to be out of your house as quick as possible. To them it's a job and they just picked on your car.

Thirdly, you must buy the car you want.otherwise they have won!
When they end up in prison, or living their two bit bull5hit crims life - you will be driving round in a nice car still.

Improve your security. Look at the other posts on here.

And maybe also post in the 8V forum.

But, definitely definitely get another nice car. Don't let them change your life.......otherwise they win!

Reactions: jimojameso, Audi Bairn, Jake 61 and 2 others
hi guys
Apologies that I aren't a regular member and honestly speaking have registered to get some comfort or words of advice from people in the know and by the looks of my searches been through the same thing. My 66 reg s3 was stolen Friday morning same scenario as many... snapped lock on patio door and car keys taken. Nothing else despite being in easy access was taken. The car was last seen 5am Friday morning near junction 21 of the M6 and there's been nothing since then. Separate to the fact of how much this situation sucks *** and that this is a car I've strived to work as hard as I could for for since passing my test alongside the emotional headfuck of someone being in my house whilst I slept! I was wondering of all the others who went through this what was your outcome? Did you beef the security up at your property and most importantly did u settle for a lesser car or go like for like? Any thoughts or experiencing would be greatly appreciated

Thanks LB

Gutted for you mate, it must be a horrible experience.
First and foremost, you and yours are safe and well and, easy for me to say, but a car can be replaced.
I've not experienced a theft, touch wood, but been in a bad accident and it made me realise a lump of metal, no matter how desirable, comes second to your wellbeing.
Hole it all pans out for you and don't let these parasitical thieving b******s spoil your future enjoyment of nice cars.

Reactions: Ghost
Sad stuff.

If you did have higher security perhaps they'd have tooled up and waited for you one evening. The only trauma now is a bit of intrusion and a claim form.

Very horrible feeling, sorry to hear it!

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Had mine nicked in the same was earlier in the year after owning it 3 weeks. It was found the next day but spent 4 months in police compound and bodyshop before I got it back.

Initial feeling were to buy a car that was a lot less attractive to thieves. This was going to be difficult for a petrolhead. Home security was the priority, upgraded to where it should have been before the theft.

By the time I'd got the car back my feelings had mellowed towards keeping it, but that feeling of fear that it will be targeted again is always at the back of my mind. You have to balance that fear with your desire to own & drive what you want, and not to be beaten by these inbred scum.

Reactions: Jake 61 and Soulboy