Stone chip

dex140

Reaction score
I have a coupke of srone chips down thre side of my car in about 3 places about an inch long and quite deep. Beem quoted circa £300 for a re respray on two panes but was wondering if anyone had experience of companies like chips away. Any one any idea a rough price how much tehey would charge and if they would get a good colour match.

I have a coupke of srone chips down thre side of my car in about 3 places about an inch long and quite deep. Beem quoted circa £300 for a re respray on two panes but was wondering if anyone had experience of companies like chips away. Any one any idea a rough price how much tehey would charge and if they would get a good colour match.
Chips away is a franchise so the quality varies. They are good for bumper corners Where it's hard to tell paint difference for the sides of the car i would go for a body shop price for chops away will be 120 ish and a bodyshop will charge 130 ish a panel but will want to blow into another panel so go for the more expensive option for a good match

Yeah thats what I thought, chip isnt so bad but bugs me!

Yeah thats what I thought, chip isnt so bad but bugs me!

Depends on how much of an OCD you have! If you like things perfect bodyshop if you can live with looking at your car and knowing that it doesn't look 100 percent. Different strokes for different fokes

Hmmm dont kniw what would be worse ill matched paint or chips lol

Blend panels is the only way to get a good match overall.

I used chips away for repairs for my wheel, the guy who did it left and he did a really good job, now he has left someone new has came along and he isnt half as good !

Anyone know any reasonable body shops in the Blackpool area?