Stop extra tax on 40K cars

I’m with ya. But these petitions Don’t do s#*% !!!

A7 3.0tdi 272 Black Edition Mythos Black Tech pack

Reactions: simonali
Hate to be that guy but that’s a very small amount of tax to be removed from a 40k car... not even 1%... People should be using petitions to make businesses who make over 10million profit a year to pay extra tax, not lads who graft to earn their 40k+ cars

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Think is will be a little pointless, only 5 days to go and still 9,572 signatures still required. As much I don't like the 40K tax this petition won't see the light of day.

I say scrap all tax, MOT and insurance, too many things out to take our money for nothing.

Reactions: Bryant1998
In the 6 months this petition has been running the tax increased by £10.
It ends tomorrow but only 436 signatures at time of writing this, so unfortunately it has been a waste of time. :(
This tax is grossly unfair because the threshold has been set too low IMO.

Reactions: NevMan
Shame so little response?. Must be all the big spenders who can afford super cars etc & think, if i can afford the £100,000+ i can afford the extra to tax it.

It is a shame. :(
Maybe it is due in part to not being widely publicised enough.....I only learned about the petition this morning when it ends tomorrow.
Even so most will only sign if it is likely to affect them, and for the majority at the moment it will not.
As said this will be of little concern for people who can comfortably afford to drive very expensive cars, but for myself and probably most on this forum who a brand new £40k car is at the upper limit of their budget, it is an additional expense that needs to be carefully considered when choosing a new car.
More and more cars will be affected by this due to price rises and options, and over time it will impact on more buyers.
Lets be realistic about this though....our government will not simply cancel something that makes them money, but they might be willing to move the goal posts like they have done before.

Reactions: cuke2u, DaveW and RS3 S.
.............same here. My 2018 plate SQ5 was right at the top of my spend & to now pay extra for the next few years does hurt the old wallet.

it is better though that you can get a 5 year old RS6 and only pay £140 a year!

this tax did affect my decision to get another C7 instead of a C8.... why bump myself into this £40k plus bracket when I can stay paying £30 a year

the £40k+ increase is only for the first 5 years, after that every car drops to the flat rate of £140... including supercars

so I'm saving for a 5 year old low mileage TTRS ;)

But the new rules came in April 2017, so a 5 year old RS6 will not be subject to the additional rate but will still cost around £325 per year to tax at current rates.

I Believe you are counting ahead to 2023, in which case yes it will revert back to the standard flat rate.....whatever it happens to be at the time

But at that point (2023) any ICE will be the devil, and so likely to be higher road tax yet again

depends... they don't usually retrospectively change tax rates, which is why mine is so cheap!