Strange Issue

Madmo

Reaction score
Hi all I'm after some advice if possible to this strange issue I have noticed with my RS3.

it's a 2018 pre OPF Saloon and I've noticed when it's cold pulling out my junction with the steering wheel slightly turned it feels like it's trying to spin the wheels a little even though I'm not accelerating that hard, The other thing I've noticed sometimes when it's hot if I'm in say a Asda car park just driving out about 5-10 mph and I turn the steering wheel to navigate around the car park I get this strange vibration feeling coming from the rear but when I straighten the wheel up it goes away.

The car has only done 23,200 miles and has always been serviced/oil change done regular.

it has Pirelli P zero tyr5es on it which all have around 6mm tread

Pirelli's well know to suffer wear to the tyre edge, perhaps that?

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Madmo
Pirelli's well know to suffer wear to the tyre edge, perhaps that?

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk
I haven't noticed any wear to the outer edges of the tyres but I will have a good look tomorrow when I'm washing it see what they are like.

cheers

Well checked all tyres today and no wear on either edges. Any other ideas what it could be?

has anyone else suffered this on their car?

get the rear diff checked. Few cases of no oil in diff with the s3, not sure if it affects the rs3.

I used to experience this with the pzeros.
Nothing to worry about. I believe its the tyres getting a bit of traction. Probably caused by the turning force of the drive shafts.
My tyre wear was fine running this setup for a few years and 15000k+miles.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk