Strange lights behaviour.

mjcairney

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
A couple of times now I have experienced strange behaviour with my A4's lights and wonder if anyone else has had a similar experience. I always leave my lights on Auto and twice now I have started the car, the lights all come on at normal brightness and then almost immediately dimmed to about 50% of normal, that is both the dash lights and the headlights (LED). After a short time they then came back to full brightness, once after I stopped and restarted the engine, the other after a short period of time with no intervention from me.

Any comments or words of enlightenment would be appreciated, thanks.

No point me commenting as I haven't experienced this, other than stating the obvious that you take the car to the dealership. However is the car standing for long periods at a time without being used...

OK, a stupid comment. When you say they come on as normal, then dim and come back to normal......how long are you talking about here? 2 seconds? 1 minute?

No point me commenting as I haven't experienced this, other than stating the obvious that you take the car to the dealership. However is the car standing for long periods at a time without being used...
The thing is, it has only happened a couple of times so there is almost no chance of it happening when I take it to the dealer. I am just wondering really if others have experienced the same thing. To answer your question, the car is used almost every day.

Thanks for responding.

OK, a stupid comment. When you say they come on as normal, then dim and come back to normal......how long are you talking about here? 2 seconds? 1 minute?
Perhaps a couple of minutes. I really should stress that I am not really concerned about this as it has happened so infrequently, I'm just trying to find out if my car is a one off.

Thanks for responding.

If it's infrequent as you say, perhaps just wait until it's next in for service, etc, and mention it beforehand when booking. It may have logged a fault that they can see and remedy.

Reactions: mjcairney
If it's infrequent as you say, perhaps just wait until it's next in for service, etc, and mention it beforehand when booking. It may have logged a fault that they can see and remedy.
It definitely is as infrequent as previously mentioned and your idea is a good one, and that's what I'll do. As I said previously, I am not really concerned about it, I just wondered if I'm a one off case or have others seen anything similar.

Thanks!