Strange noise after fitting Milltek sport exhaust

RGC

Keep on rollin
Reaction score
i have had a full turbo back Milltek sport exhaust fitted (non res) and i have a strange noise when accelerating around 2000rpm, the only way i can explain the sound is a screeching type of noise

like a dodgy brake sound screeeeeech! (but cant be because I'm not braking) :)

is this the type of noise to expect from the Milltek sport exhausts?

the sound comes off and on how ever hard a drive, it could sound like a dumping of air you would expect from a blow off valve almost like a whistle sound.

god i hope something else isn't ******.

Thanks
Rich

Sounds like a slipping belt maybe so could be a coincidence you had the exhaust done ?

the noise sounds boost/turbo related to me,
could it be something to do with removing the middle silencer and also the particle filter?
could it be the noise / echo boost in the high flow down pipe?

Rich

hey i have figured out the noise is being made by the VNT turbo when the actuator shifts the vanes at high flow, strange noise but now i can live with because i know where its coming from :) i guess this is why the particle filter is so close to the turbo unit itself must be to muffle the noise. I'm guessing anyone with cat back systems wont get this problem.

Hey thought you guys would like to see a picture of just how close the cat is located to the turbo on the 2.0TDI 140's
this is my down pipe which was removed form my 2004 a3
IMG_4213.jpg

Last edited: