Strange whistle/ whining noise

stuff4stan

Reaction score
Hi all hopefully someone can help me figure this noise out. thanks in advance. So when i accelerate from 1900 rpm up to 3000 rpm i get a whistling/whiney noise, coming from engine and gets more prominent under load, i fear turbo maybe problem, there is no loss of power and no consumption of oil, another weird thing when car is in park no noise only in dive (7 speed DSG) also noise seems to be come sooner on a warm engine than cold. i have a link of noise

Sounds like a boost leak. Had the same sound but much, much louder, which turned out to be one of the three bolts holding the DPF to the turbo had come off. Gone. Sounded like some mad scalextric car.

If all three are present but the leak is indeed there, you'll see a black mark around the area where it has been prominently escaping. Another option is to ask the garage to do a leak test for you. Half an hour's rate of pay for an instant finding of any leaks on both the hot and cold side of your system.

Sounds like a boost leak. Had the same sound but much, much louder, which turned out to be one of the three bolts holding the DPF to the turbo had come off. Gone. Sounded like some mad scalextric car.

If all three are present but the leak is indeed there, you'll see a black mark around the area where it has been prominently escaping. Another option is to ask the garage to do a leak test for you. Half an hour's rate of pay for an instant finding of any leaks on both the hot and cold side of your system.
Thanks for the quick reply Vappy, i will have a look and update my findings.