Streeing wheel a3 2005

mkcrave87

Reaction score
IMG 20210617 183617
need help want to get the controls working but they won't any one know how to get them working

I know this is a completely different car but I'm doing the exact same thing with my 2012 vw caddy.
I'm putting in the mfsw from the mk6 golf platform and from what I can gather you will need your car scanned with vcds to see what steering wheel control module you have. This module can be compared on the Ross tech forum to see if it as multi function steering wheel compatible.
If you are exchanging your non mfsw to a mfsw you will also need to replace the wiring harness between the swcm and your new mfsw.
Not sure on the audi a3 platform but if your instrument cluster is controlled by the trip button on your stalks these will need to replaced as your steering wheel will have this function and it will conflict with the stalks controls.
Finally vcds is required to activate the buttons.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

You first off need the car scanned with vcds or equivalent to see what swcm you have.
Then you will need to go on to rosstech page as they have a table of all of these modules to see first of all if it is mfsw compatible.
Once this is confirmed you will need a wiring module for the extra buttons on your new wheel possibly along with a set of basic indicator stalks.
Like my 2012 caddy this will he a complete plug and play system with no coding.

However this is were it will get complicated if your car as cruise control as fitted on the stalks from factory.
If so you will have to leave this as is because the cruise control button will not work on your wheel if you buy one with it without splicing in a control module from a third party company. This is to do with the communication software your car as to that of the newer one on that particular wheel. This will require coding I believe with vcds or equivalent again.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk