Stronic illuminated labels

Stuhil

Reaction score
Hello fellow Stronic drivers.

Picked up my new A6 Avant on 01/10. The first thing that caught my eye was condensation in the tail light which the salesman (failing miserably) assured me was normal. I then asked for the 'dry' light to be replaced as it was clearly faulty as it didn't have condensation inside it. Thankfully another dealer nearby agreed it wasn't acceptable. Anyhoo, I digress.

The car was in for a new taillight unit today. When driving home I noticed that whilst in 'drive' mode both the 'd' and adjacent 's' were illuminated. I may well be wrong however I thought that whilst in drive only the 'd' was illuminated which in turn would extinguish when switching to sport and illuminating 's'

Maybe I'm getting mixed up with the A5 courtesy car...I really can't remember...would someone with a 2016 stronic car care to check this for me? I refer to the illuminate letters next to the shifter on the transmission tunnel, not the dashboard display.

Cheers!

Im currently driving my brother in laws A5 3.0Tdi (2011model) with a old version of the S-tronic and you are correct in that the D and S lights up alternately when engaged.
I have the new S-tronic in my A6 (2015 FL model) and as far as I remember (thinking hard about it now!!) the only indication that you have gone from D to S is in the DIS

Ill double check tomorrow and report back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Stuhil
Just checked when going into drive the D\S is illuminated and changing to S only changes the DIS

Reactions: Stuhil
Just checked when going into drive the D\S is illuminated and changing to S only changes the DIS

Thank you for taking the time to check this for me....thought the car had developed a fault. Cheers!