Facelift Struggling - Washer Jets Change

Fozzer

Reaction score
looking for some help please changing my S3 washer jets for the A6 ones.
I have taken them out of the sockets they sit in so
1 does the water pipe just pull off the nozzle or do you have to press something in, then pull.
2 again, does the electrical connection, coming into the side of the jet assembly just pull off.
I didn’t want to pull too hard in case something plastic broke.
Thanks for your help.

Neither connection (water or electric) just pulls off -don’t do that!

From memory: for the water pipe, slide the little clip sideways and the pipe comes off. For the electrical cable there is a latch mechanism but I cannot remember exactly how it works (it just pressed a tab with my finger I think definitely didn’t need tools).

Reactions: Fozzer
looking for some help please changing my S3 washer jets for the A6 ones.
I have taken them out of the sockets they sit in so
1 does the water pipe just pull off the nozzle or do you have to press something in, then pull.
2 again, does the electrical connection, coming into the side of the jet assembly just pull off.
I didn’t want to pull too hard in case something plastic broke.
Thanks for your help.

On my S5, the water pipe has a sliding connector at the washer end of the pipe, you just pull/slide it out.
If I remember right, the electrical connector had a clip on the connector that you press in with a small screwdriver or something.
Yours maybe different though.

JG

Reactions: Fozzer
Completely off topic but I see a lot on here are changing to the a6 spray type jets replacing the factory pistol type jets on a3,a5 etc.
I have a 2017 golf courtesy car at the moment and that has the spray type jets as standard. I thought vw was meant to be the poor relation not the Audi being the poorer one.

Completely off topic but I see a lot on here are changing to the a6 spray type jets replacing the factory pistol type jets on a3,a5 etc.
I have a 2017 golf courtesy car at the moment and that has the spray type jets as standard. I thought vw was meant to be the poor relation not the Audi being the poorer one.

No doubt the spray jets are a payable option on the build list somewhere, you get nothing for nothing with Audi!

JG

Reactions: AlS3BE