Stupid idea

highlanderian

Reaction score
I've been stupid, managed to break the plastic spare key in the boot lock cylinder. Cylinder was stuck from not being used for a couple of years. Thought the plastic key would be a good idea, until it snapped. Now can't get the fkn thing out lol. Any ideas folks? It's in the locked position, can't open the boot at all.

Tia folks
Ian

Does your actual key have a boot lock button?... won't that open it?

<tuffty/>

Think I need to try and strip the plastic hatch cover off, not sure it can be done with the hatch closed lol

You might be able to open it up just enough from the inside to disengage the locking mechanism, just be careful popping the trim off it’s only clipped around the windscreen, there is also 1 x screw in the inner handle. The locking mechanism is attached to a “coat hanger wire” looking thing, detach that and you should be able to open it…….. small hands required

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: highlanderian
Had a similar problem the other day locking rod came off boot deadlocked push all seats forward remove two screws from plastic trim cover grab by the top and pull first left and right sides trim comes of with ease, disengage locking rod to open boot then remove lock alternatively try removing broken part of key with a hooked pick good luck.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Had a similar problem the other day locking rod came off boot deadlocked push all seats forward remove two screws from plastic trim cover grab by the top and pull first left and right sides trim comes of with ease, disengage locking rod to open boot then remove lock alternatively try removing broken part of key with a hooked pick good luck.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Thanks mate, I'll give that a go, nightmare lol

Reactions: MPH
You might be able to open it up just enough from the inside to disengage the locking mechanism, just be careful popping the trim off it’s only clipped around the windscreen, there is also 1 x screw in the inner handle. The locking mechanism is attached to a “coat hanger wire” looking thing, detach that and you should be able to open it…….. small hands required

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you, much appreciated mate

Attachments

• 20210402_211711.jpg
    20210402_211711.jpg
    909.8 KB · Views: 59