Subaru ECU Repair

Welly

335D Driver :-)
Reaction score
Unusual question on an Audi forum I know, but does anyone know a good ECU repair place that has the facility to repair Subaru ECUs...

Obviously I've googled this - but no-one seems to repair Scooby ECUs!

Any help appreciated or ideas appreciated. :o.k:

not 100% sure, but I don't think they are linked to the immobiliser like the Audi ones are. You could probably just get a used unit and swap over?

Let me give you a little background on this one then.

The ECU has some sort of fault with measuring voltage produces by the Altenator. Basically, as long as you leave the fan on level 1, the EML stays off. However as soon as you turn it off, the EML comes on and it needs to be reset by a garage.
It's obvious by this that the ECU deems that there is too much current being produced by the altenator, and the fans drains that extra voltage off.

Altenator has been tested, and is outputting correctly, and it's been to Subaru who agree that it's the ECU at fault. They wanted to supply another at £1200 (it's a pro drive one) which is a bit steep!!

Anyway, so wanted to know if anyone knew a place that could test/fix it...

Byzan, do you mean BBA Reman? Just has a look at their site and that's definately worth a look. I'll bell them up tomorrow :thumbsup:

You had any experience with them? Good/Bad?

Thats em, yeah, they do ABS pumps and all. Plenty of the B5 guys have had ABS pumps done with good results.

Same for dashes, had the DIS panels fixed