Suffix c bkd loosing coolant

--AUDI--

Reaction score
I have a feeling my head gasket is going on my car as I'm loosing water and it's harder to start and smokes a lot for the first few miles as think water is getting into one of the cylinders.

If I release the coolant header cap after driving and release the pressure I don't loose any coolant and it starts fine with no smoke, so think I'm pressurising the coolant system whilst driving then it pushes water back into the engine if I don't release the pressure!

Not sure weather to try and bung a bottle of k seal or steal seal in it or get the head gasket changed but am worried if it's not the gasket but the porous head problem

Any advice? Already bypassed the 2 large coolant hoses on the egr cooler to rule that out but haven't done the 2 small ones?

With the fact of the smoke not being present on startup if I release the pressure, I'm pretty sure the water I am loosing is going into the engine and not leaking externally

I also had this problem with my car.
It was leaking in 3 places. EGR cooler (which I've removed and also deleted the EGR valve), Radiator (was leaking at the bottom on the right hand side) and the water pump.

For the EGR cooler and radiator, the leak was obvious. With the water pump was difficult. I was suspecting it to loose coolant but since it is placed in a hot area of the engine, all the leaking coolant was evaporating immediately without leaving a trace. It was leaking only when the engine was hot and the pressure in the system was high.

Only when I did the cam belt change, and I also changed the water pump, I saw that the pump was in a really bad shape.
After changing it, the leaking stopped.

The only thing that makes me pretty much 99% sure mine is leaking into the engine is if I don't release the pressure it's harder to start and it smokes quite a bit as it warms up..........release the pressure no smoke and it starts fine.

So I would say this rules out any external leaks

The only thing that makes me pretty much 99% sure mine is leaking into the engine is if I don't release the pressure it's harder to start and it smokes quite a bit as it warms up..........release the pressure no smoke and it starts fine.

So I would say this rules out any external leaks

Bring it to a mechanic they can check each cylinder and be able to tell weather your head gasket is blown or not