Sunday clean and polish

Gill ZB

Reaction score
Another Sunday afternoon with my better half :hearteyes:...he looks stunning if I do say so myself lol! Cleaned paintwork and trim under bonnet and all the bits:kissingclosed::kissingheart::kissingclosed: no one sees but are just as important :grin:..tried that wet look tyre stuff for first time and it really looks amazing - pics don't do him justice .....love him to bits :kissingclosed::kissingheart:....worth waiting and saving all my life for !!! :hearteyes: Feel sorry for people who take snazzy motors for granted - you really appreciate quality when you've never had it before :relaxed:

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 149
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 154
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 171
Reactions: Deleted member 96254, Sandra and Cobstar
He looks very handsome Gill. It's always good when hard work pays off. I think we enjoy things more if we have to work to get them.

Reactions: Gill ZB
He looks very handsome Gill. It's always good when hard work pays off. I think we enjoy things more if we have to work to get them.
Thankyou :relieved:...he does turn heads lol:hearteyes:! Just wish my mam and dad were still here. They missed me graduating for a second time and finding my beloved TT- they would have been so happy - though neither of them ever drove they used to admire my hard work on my old cortina and love to go for rides out lol - they taught me to work hard, save and treat people how you would expect to be treated yourself - good old fashioned working class values - wasted in this day and age - but that's another rant hahaha!!!:grimacing:

We were obviously brought up similarly. I know you're parents would be very happy for you.

My Mum never drove but her Dad liked his cars. My Dad drove for a living at various points (HGV, delivery lorries, taxis, driving instructor). I've been lucky enough to have more money to spend on cars than my Dad but I did let him drive my Audi RS2. He never went out in the Honda S2000 has he reckoned he wouldn't get in and out followin a hip replacement. He's also had various cars from us as we've bought newer and he's had Izzie, the Ibiza TDI Sport on long term loan since 2009.

I miss the RS2. She is my car of a lifetime to date - and I've been lucky to have some nice cars in recent years.

When the SO bought an 8L Audi S3, I did try to get a purple Mark 1 TT in the mix. Maybe the SO will be persuaded to let me have a TT RS or a TT S as my next car.

Haha sounds like your dad has a good deal there ! Make the most of your parents while you can - you think they'll always be there ....and when they're gone it's like feeling like a lost kid - only you're an adult. I'd give my life just to be with my mam and dad for 5 minutes. my mam always said the longest life is short - guess that's why I thought what the hell and went for my TT - my only regret is I didn't do it sooner...so hope you get your dream car (s) if the SO allows - whatever the SO is ? Sounds scary though !! lol

I still owe my Dad £280 for my first car. But as you say, he's done pretty well with hand me downs.

It's the right time for you to have your TT now.

I've been lucky enough to tick several dream cars off my list - the RS2 and the S2000 are probably the highlights to date. But my current car is great - and I've had some other good cars too.

SO - Significant Other. Personally don't like the term "other half" as our existence isn't dependent on the other.

We both like our cars but they've always been joint decisions as the money all comes out of the same pot.

I still owe my Dad £280 for my first car. But as you say, he's done pretty well with hand me downs.

It's the right time for you to have your TT now.

I've been lucky enough to tick several dream cars off my list - the RS2 and the S2000 are probably the highlights to date. But my current car is great - and I've had some other good cars too.

SO - Significant Other. Personally don't like the term "other half" as our existence isn't dependent on the other.

We both like our cars but they've always been joint decisions as the money all comes out of the same pot.
Am sure your dad gets as much pleasure seeing you happy - worth more than money! You are so lucky to have an SO who appreciates a decent car - and he/she obviously has good taste in cars - and being independant is the best thing ever . that's great :relaxed:. I agree other half isn't a great label - maybe it's a bit northern lol but my existence sort of does depend on my other half - he gets me to work - such as it is - gets me shopping (hate it though I do) and gives me something to do all weekend ! I've had fords, a Datsun sunny estate and a fiat - all since 1987- so you can understand my total adoration for an Audi - lucky enough to keep the plate too!! Still can't believe he's mine lol !!!