Sunroof and air con?

Richie-XR2

Reaction score
Hi, I'm picking up another A3 1.8t tomorrow. It's an R reg so and Agu with the analogue clock in the rev counter.

What I am wondering is due to it having an electric sunroof will it definitely not have air con and the climate control that my current car has or is it possible to have both?

Cheers

Thanks Andrew, from the pics it looks like it might have both but hard to say.

Sounds daft buying a car without seeing it I guess but it's pretty cheap so worth the risk.

My 1.9 TDI Quattro has both too..

Must have been an odd option

Reactions: Richie-XR2
Yeah it seems to me like it would be an odd option, I know years ago you really either had one or the other but not both.

Thanks.

Being a 1.8T it's pretty high up the range so I would have thought it would but early models like 1997 'R' are sometimes poverty spec. It's a surprise! You'll find out when you pick it up!

Reactions: Richie-XR2
Well it turned out to be a surprise and it does have a sunroof and aircon.

The car was sold having low oil pressure and when I went to pick it up there was no oil on the dipstick lol. Got the car recovered and cleared the pick up pipe today, still got a slight rattle/roughness from the timing chain end and it was misfiring but that turned out to just be dirty plugs. I'm not sure if some kind of oil cleaner will help or not. I also suspect the turbo seals are gone but I've got a k03's for my other a3.

I'm undecided as wether to stick the engine out my other a3 into the new one or just run the new one till it dies assuming it drives ok.