Help Please Sunroof Creaking ARRRGGGHHH

ToadConsulting

Reaction score
Hi all,

Noticed a creaking noise recently on my S4 - at first I could not figure out where it was coming from until I opened the sunroof and realised it had stopped (don't need to open it full - just one click is enough). Has anyone had such a problem/figured out how to remedy? I've put a bit of silicon grease round the rubber seals but no joy (and of course I can only do that to the moving part) - I've heard you can get your sunroof serviced, never done that though for any of my cars but will be looking into that...

On the motorway you don't hear it, but around town it is driving me mad> though is a nice excuse to keep the sunroof open, but coming into autumn/winter wont be able to do that to often as I'll get the "I'm cold" nagging from the other half :blahblah1:

Karl.

I sprayed my runners & mechanism with spray grease, opened closed numerous times, doesn't make a squeak anymore in my a3 8p.

And I use mine all year round lol

In my service book it states that the sunroof mechanism should be lubricated each time there is a full service. When it last went in for a service I asked the garage about this and they didn't seem to know anything about this but made a note on my job to have done. I did also asked about how much it would cost to service the sunroof and she never got back to me...