Supagard vs Professional detail?

Mrbish

Reaction score
Morning all,

I don't expect a quick reply as you're probably all out cleaning your already very clean cars ;)

I have ordered a new S3 recently and was just wondering if this Supagard stuff is any good or not. The dealer has offered it to me and I assume it's like a paint sealant that I've had on my Fiesta previous. Is this anything different than a professional detailer could give for some new car protection?

Cheers

Edit:
I was also considering getting it wrapped to protect the paint, but I think I would miss the Sepang too much...

Its as good as the person applying the stuff, I would opt for professional detailer over garage valaters.

To be 100% honest buddy, for the amount they charge for coatings like that it's really not worth it, the detailers who work in the garage aren't given enough time for each vehicle and have to rush them so the job not being the best. Go to a good detailer and they will give you a better package for the price.

I was doing some 'enquiries' in my local Ford garage yesterday & ended up listening to a Car sales person going thro' the handover over of a new car

The Salesman said & I quote - 'You did right getting the Supaguard cover. It will even protect your car from tree sap you know'

Either the Salesman was BS'ing the Customer or he really believed it would do this (but I suspect not)
Unbelievable!

Reactions: T-800
Don`t bother with Supagard, it an old style sealant get someone to put one of the new ceramic sealants.
I`ve just done the A6 with TAC Sparkle and really impressed.

I was doing some 'enquiries' in my local Ford garage yesterday & ended up listening to a Car sales person going thro' the handover over of a new car

The Salesman said & I quote - 'You did right getting the Supaguard cover. It will even protect your car from tree sap you know'

Either the Salesman was BS'ing the Customer or he really believed it would do this (but I suspect not)
Unbelievable!
Technically it should, a sealant will provide a form of protection from the elements including tree sap but that's not to say you should leave it sitting on it or not care about it, a proper ceramic sealant would provide even better protection.

Hope this isn't too late..

My wife worked in the service department of a reputable dealership for quite a while, and before i got into detailing I thought it was a good product. To be fair, it probably is a good product. The problem lies with who is applying it. I worked in the same dealership for a short while, and from my experience of the valeters (who thought is was a good idea to move the car slowly then JAM on the brakes to get the water to fall off) (before they took the dry chamois/sand paper to it) had ZERO training on how to apply the product, and barely had the time to do it before handover. The amount of half used kits she had bits and pieces from where they hadn't used them was astonishing.

And they certainly did not decontaminate the paint before application, which is essential to its longevity.

My advice. Get a professional to do it. Even if it costs double. Or triple.

Products are usually only as good as the prep you put in before applying them.

Reactions: Bristle Hound
Hope this isn't too late..

My wife worked in the service department of a reputable dealership for quite a while, and before i got into detailing I thought it was a good product. To be fair, it probably is a good product. The problem lies with who is applying it. I worked in the same dealership for a short while, and from my experience of the valeters (who thought is was a good idea to move the car slowly then JAM on the brakes to get the water to fall off) (before they took the dry chamois/sand paper to it) had ZERO training on how to apply the product, and barely had the time to do it before handover. The amount of half used kits she had bits and pieces from where they hadn't used them was astonishing.

And they certainly did not decontaminate the paint before application, which is essential to its longevity.
Truly frightening for anyone who trusts their Dealer to do ANY sort of washing/prep work on their cars
I sometimes wonder why people after spending £20k / £30k / £40k + on a new car let these idiots anywhere near it
My advice. Get a professional to do it. Even if it costs double. Or triple..
Agreed! :thumbs up:
Products are usually only as good as the prep you put in before applying them.
Very true @AUDI_ADDICT :thumbs up:

Reactions: AUDI_ADDICT