Supaguard, how long does it last?

StateOfPlay

Reaction score
Hi, I bought an A4 1.8t Sport Cab from Audi dealer 2 years ago, I was mugged into paying for a treatment that meant I didn't have to polish my car, it is called supaguard.

I wondered if there is a way I could take it off and give it a proper clean, you know.

as far as i know if you clay bar it then that should work, my friend washes his car with fairy washing up liqued to take off the wax etc then re washes it with a proper car shampoo

It won't be on now, the 3 year protection it claims is balls, even if its put on properlly.

your better off with normal car waxes than superguard they dont do what they say on the tin lol, they dont last anywhere as near as its supposed to a good quality wax will last longer than any superguard will lol

IMG_4446_edited-1.jpg

Nice one guys, I thought it was looking a bit ropey.

yup, best bet for stripping supaguard or any other waxes is washing up liquid.. make sure you coat the car with something else same day though as paint will be fully exposed.

supaguard & permaguard is awfull! total waste of money. invest in some good quality wax and polish!

I bought a Meguiar's smooth surface Clay kit. What a stuuning finish! I only looked at clay becasue of this forum, as I had never heard of it before. It is the best finish I have seen on the car, even when they put Supaguard on it.

I polished it with Meguiar's Quik Wax. How often do I need to wax it?

Halfords had an AutoGlym Clay Kit, with a £3 reduction to £21 as there was a "part missing". I did look, it was the Clay bar that was missing. I reckon that is the main part in a kit called Clay bar kit! Muppets! Mind, if it had been a tenner I would have had it.

Anyway, what do you think of Meguiar's?

meguiars stuff aint bad. their gold class endurance stuff is pretty decent for the average joe.

i used to work at a dealer years ago, you know what the supaguard kits cost? circa £30-£50 lol

utter ****e, id personally never have one, although i used to add a nice bit of cash to my sales with the add ons :)

Yep, I thought so, tyre cover, alloy wheel cover, gap insurance, supaguard ( Teflon coating at Landrover dealer lol) furry dice insurance, warranty cover, when will it end!

I looked at a car at the weekend, car was £16000, the "sun or snow" insurance cover totalled £1600. That's 10% of the price, straight into the dealers pocket. And the price was £3000 over trade price to start with. "need finance?" No, 4WD off!

haha yup.... makes me laugh how they can offer a 3 yr warranty on it when the hardest Carnuba wax probably lasts 8 months tops!!?? if that.....

I remember our valeters applying it, never did it properly and always had plenty to take home for themselves afterwards, complete rip off. I think id only ever take the scotchguard for the carpets, the rest id bin faster than i would a dirty nappy

If it was guaranteed against any stone chips, or any supermarket trolley scuffs, then it would be a product worth considering. But £400 so you "never need to polish the car" is a total rip off. Blokes at the top of my road wash it for £8, that's a hand car wash every week for a year.

Why don't they try and sell something usefull, like an upgrade on the alloys, or a handsfree kit, or a satnav. That's got to be more useful than tyre insurance ***.