Super Size Me

Mart

Reaction score
Any watch this on Channel 4 tonight.
Where the guy can only order food & drink (inc. water) from McDonalds, and if they ask him to super size, he has to say yes?

He also has to go through the whole menu!

seen it before, 4 years ago this happen :)

still good to watch tho

I thought it was from a while back, didn't realise it was 4 years though. Time flies.

I actually have the Super Size me DVD. ( I'm a bit of a collector of DVD's)

It is shocking to see the effects of eating this kind of food has on the body. The Americans drink their 'Soda' by the gallon which I think is very abnormal. Just think of all the sugar.

To be honest, I'm not sure there are many that will eat only McDonalds crap for every meal but who knows. There is obviously a problem with increasing weight in this country and I think fast food outlets have a fair bit to play in this problem. I recently watched a documentary on how McDonalds specifically target children with their advertising campaigns and it is well proven that what children learn in there early years they take through to adulthood. Offering toys as bribes to get children to pester their parents to go the McDonalds is just wrong. They even offer limited editions of toys in a series which provokes repeat visits on a weekly basis.

Did you see the bit at the end of the film about how long it took for the fries to decompose under normal conditions. Weeks and weeks before even showing any sign of mold. You can only imagine the mount of junk that must go into making them.

I have never been a fan of the fast food junk food. McDonalds have an awful reputation for the way they treat their staff, animal cruelty, healt related issues and their impact on world resources.

Don't know if anyone saw the report on how they keep the chickens they use. I guarantee that if you did see it then you will never eat another McChicken Nugget again. Ever!

My advise, steer well clear of this cancer inducing, cholesterol building crap. Proper food costs no more and you can buy a very tasty sandwich from Tesco's which will be far better for you and, in my opinion, much better tasting.

marms said:
Don't know if anyone saw the report on how they keep the chickens they use. I guarantee that if you did see it then you will never eat another McChicken Nugget again. Ever!

My advise, steer well clear of this cancer inducing, cholesterol building crap. Proper food costs no more and you can buy a very tasty sandwich from Tesco's which will be far better for you and, in my opinion, much better tasting.

I watched this at the cinema and got a drive-thru on the way home. The fact that somethings 'bad' makes it taste fantastic to me! I once ate 100 McNuggets in a sitting for a bet, and I felt fine and didnt have any sideaffects.

I dont think that avoiding that food will nessecarliy help. My Dad died after 3 strokes at the age of 56. He didnt smoke, didnt drink that much, used to walk to town, eat a well balanced diet and there is no history in the family of any ilness like that at all. Doesnt make me wanna live such a clean life where I worry about eating something because it 'bad'

Breathing is more dangerous than FastFood... every breath you take is one closer to your last!

grathies said:
Breathing is more dangerous than FastFood... every breath you take is one closer to your last!
:laugh:

voorhees said:

Words I live by ;) lol

Must point out that holding your breath so that you live longer doesnt help you any and can in the wrong circumstances speed up the process...

marms said:

Next time your in Tescos/Asda/Harrods and fancy one of those tasty ready made sandwichs have a look at the Fat, Calorie and Salt content, you will be pleasantly shocked.... (unless its a tuna and freshair one)

unkle said:
Next time your in Tescos/Asda/Harrods and fancy one of those tasty ready made sandwichs have a look at the Fat, Calorie and Salt content, you will be pleasantly shocked.... (unless its a tuna and freshair one)

Yeah I know what you're saying. Perhaps that wasn't the best suggestion as an alternative. I still stand by by thoghts about McDonalds selling food which is of very poor quality and as the evidence clearly shows, is not good for you in the long term.

Obviously people will eat what they want to eat. I just won't be eating any of their crap.

Yeah, Im the same, if Im gonna eat something bad for me its gotta be a big nasty greasy kebab with all the trimmings and lashings of chilli sauce with a side order of cheese chips and onion rings all washed down with pints of ice cold Coke but Kate Moss prolly eats more than me at the moment....

Havent had a kebab for about 6 months :D

I haven't had a MCD in years but reading this thread makes me feel hungry.

grathies said:
Ive found a pube in a kebab. Ive yet to find one in McDonalds!

How did you find a pube in a kebab? If you're scrutinising your food that closely then maybe you should not be eating kebabs!