Superguard

Luke2.0tdi2010

Reaction score
I know there are various threads about this stuff but just wanted to run it past a few of you guys.....
My mate at work is picking up his 'Peugeot 107 or 108 or something, can't remember which as peugeots arn't exactly my cuppa tea!...Lol
Anyway, because he is fully aware of my love and ocd for detailing my car on a 12 hour shift at work on the weekend he just rang me to ask if I thought the superguard that the dealer has offered him for £300 is worth getting, obviously they have given him the old spiel about it lasting 3 years to which I told him was a load of rubbish! However I have never used it or know anyone who has so don't really know exactly what it is?? (Sealant, wax, polish, ???) Reason I ask is because before he spoke to dealership he was going to give me his car to protect it properly for him. I was basically going to use the following on it :- Although it's a brand new '15 plate I was going to clay it, iron x, tar x, S.R.P., blackfire all finish paint protection followed by blackfire midnight sunpaste wax among a few other bits and pieces (alloy wheel seal, rubber treatment ect ect) ALL FOR £50!
Now he is asking if it would be better to get the superguard than all of my above regime? The way they talk about this Superguard stuff it's as if it's something special so I'm wondering if it might better than my stuff? Any feedback would be appreciated, Thanks in advance
Luke

its vastly overpriced as the dealer buy the kits for between 13-25 quid and that's me being conservative some pay less. carpet guard is ok if applied correctly as that's mainly the issue is that the people tasked to do it sometimes skip stages or altogether, so if the dealer gives it free then your just getting a sticker. There are better products - 303 fabric guard, autosmart silver (something) for interior and the stuff you mentioned 50quids cheap mates rate as wel ;-)

Reactions: Luke2.0tdi2010
@Luke2.0tdi2010 your results will be better because you will take your time to do it correctly. The dealer will rush it to get it finished ASAP so even if the product was any good it won't be applied properly and this is the main problem.

CarPro CQuartz Finest and CQUK have a 2 year limited warranty if your mate was interested in getting a pro to do it.

Reactions: Luke2.0tdi2010
Thanks for the input folks. Pretty much what I thought but you can't beat a 2nd, 3rd and 4th opinion. ...I just wondered what it was all about. I'll go with the option of doing what I enjoy and getting £50 for doing so!

Reactions: Bristle Hound and scotty76
That's a lot of work for fifty quid Luke, I hope he appreciates it.

Yeah I know, you're right. He's a right penny pinching barsteward...lol. I do enjoy doing it thou tbh. I'm sure my arms won't agree by the end of the day but I'll try and get it done when I'm at work on a sunday, on overtime so there's no managers about, I'll be getting double time plus me £50 !!
Also only being a Peugeot 108 it'll be a walk in the park compared to the same regime I do on my a4 avant. He does appreciate it thou. Ever since I got into ASN, the detailing section in particular and the money I spend on products combined with the time I spend cleaning/polishing my car at work and (according to work colleagues) the 'strange methods' (2bm etc) I use. They all think I'm some sort of god of the car cleaning world... haha he feels privileged to have such a detailing celebrity clean his car!!!

Last edited: