Supermarket Hand Car Wash Moron

SDHA4SLine

Reaction score
Just seen a brand new Audi A6 Avant having one of those guys at the supermarket wash (attack) his/her car. Witnessed the guy washing it drop the sponge on the dirty/gritty ground, and then proceed to just pick it up and place the side that was on the floor back on to the bonnet and swirl it around a bit. The least you could rinse the sponge off first for god sake :wtf::scared2::rtfm::rulez:

The owner must be mad to let those guys have a go at his/her car I almost think if they are stupid enough to let them at it then they deserve all those swirl marks in the paint of a nice new car.

Ouch! I don't know any of the local hand car washes still using sponges to wash a car? Maybe for the alloys, but not bodywork, all my local £3 washes use mitts!

it was at Solihull Sainsbury's you're local to that one aren't you.

Other crappy supermarket washes are available...

hahaha, I got the detailing bug after I paid a small fortune for a pro to sort out the paintwork swirl marks etc. Now no one but him or myself cleans my car.

I tell you its hard work explaining to some garages that I don't want a complementary car wash, I have to tell them at least twice then give them the explanation of why not. You would have thought they would be happy not to do it :banghead:

nasty

like you say though if the owner will use these car park washers he should know they won't to the greatest of jobs, but dropping the sponge in gritt and not rinsing is a bit much. even if you weren't a overly keen detailer common sense tells you to rinse!!!

my parents go to the cheap road side car washes, i've seen them use what look like quite hard bristled brooms to clean down the side of the car, started at one wheel, right down over the doors and on to the next week :/

Probably a lease or company car as it's not really theirs to spend money on!

I'd rather let the car go dirty than take it somewhere to get washed!

I spent the best part of a saturday washing,compounding,paint restoring and waxing to get the paintwork nice on my missus's previous car.then she decides to put it through an automated car wash the next day and undo all the good work

I spent the best part of a saturday washing,compounding,paint restoring and waxing to get the paintwork nice on my missus's previous car.then she decides to put it through an automated car wash the next day and undo all the good work
Noooooooo :keule::keule::keule::keule:

The ones at sainsburys are quite bad, they do still use sponges there.

I must admit, I have used the hand wash places but the ones that I go to know the car and will do a proper job, using different mitts etc and they do take their time on the car.

The one behind Zorbas is pretty decent and they do a good job for a fiver.

Obviously this is only for when I dont get time to clean it.

The ones at sainsburys are quite bad, they do still use sponges there.

I must admit, I have used the hand wash places but the ones that I go to know the car and will do a proper job, using different mitts etc and they do take their time on the car.

The one behind Zorbas is pretty decent and they do a good job for a fiver.

Obviously this is only for when I dont get time to clean it.

I got a load of coatings and wax etc on my car now (had it pro detailed) I would rather just leave it dirty until I get the time to clean it myself.

There are a few good hand car washes I used to use until I found out how harsh their TFR cleaner was. I don't think it was PH balanced put it that way!