Supposed to pick the car up Saturday but ...

Jinxy-S3

Reaction score
Due to unforeseen problems gonna be Tuesday now, a quick question, it's an 08 S3 sportback will the mirrors be powerfold or are they capable of PF but need coding ? Cheers Jinxy

Due to unforeseen problems gonna be Tuesday now, a quick question, it's an 08 S3 sportback will the mirrors be powerfold or are they capable of PF but need coding ? Cheers Jinxy

The bases are either electric or not.....so you'll see, ticking a box to code electric mirrors without the physical motor would be great.....but impossible without changing the bases if manual fold....

Reactions: crunchie and Jinxy-S3
Not necessarily no mate, but we can retrofit them if need be, its not a coding option to enable, as if not selected on build, modules & parts are not fitted to make them work via coding only.

Just check the 6 o'clock position on the mirror switch, see if its got an icon & turns to that point, if so then they're folding.

Reactions: Jinxy-S3
Apologises. Does an S3 have its logo also displayed on the instrument console? Goes to a site like Euro car Parts, type in the reg to see if car comes up as an S3

It should have, over £17K seems a little expensive though for a 2008 manual. I bought a 28k mile 2009 S-tronic fully loaded with almost every option including bucket seats for just over £19.5K from an Audi dealer, so full 12 month warranty, 3 year GAP, freshly serviced and MOT'd and taxed...

Reactions: Jinxy-S3
Had a good shop around, and seems right ballpark for trade sale mate, didn't want bucket seats tbh, just sold the M3 vert to get a 'sensible' family 5 door it's just had a service at Audi 800 miles ago, get 3 mth warranty, wanted manual as the M3 had the equivalent of the trip tronic , my main specs where MM1, Sprint blue , FASH, low (ish) miles, none bucket seats it's not a track car lol

Electric heated mirrors usually means electrically adjusted i.e. up down etc... it would say folding if that option was ticked.