Suspension arm kits

christoph

Reaction score
Hi, my suspension arm bushes are goosed and need replacing ASAP. Just wondering if anyone has used a kit off the net on their car? Rather than sourcing all the parts individually. The only kit I can see that i would trust is a Meyle all the rest look like cheap Chinese names ive never head of. Reason I'm looking to do full kit is the car is now on 120k and I've owned it from 60k and its never had any suspension done except for the springs and shocks.

Thanks Chris

Reactions: audiwaterpump
Meyle HD (heavy duty) is the about the only thing I’d use. There a fair bit of labour involved, even if doing yourself, then tracking and alignment on top, so why cut corners on cheap EBay pattern parts that will go in 6 months. I’d use Lemforder too if you can get a deal. Both kits should come with bolts.

Check out Dave Sterl’s channel on YouTube, he did top and bottom arms recently on a B8. Worth investing in Laser tool for the pinch bolt too, as guaranteed to be seized. All torque settings included too.

Reactions: Gooders
Thanks thats the kind of info I needed. Will check the video out as well. Just need to find the suitable kit as the ones I saw doesnt cover the 2010 b8 for some reason said up to 2009 and the other kit was 2011 to 2012 or something similar. To be honest I can see there being much difference until the face lift.

Chris

I put the full Meyle HD kit on my S4 B8.5 and it certainly felt like a good quality kit and came with all the necessary bolts plus drop links. Took about 10 hours in total, which included breaks, maybe an hour of that was spent on the pinch bolts. Cost me £429 from eBay and was called MEYLE 116 050 0189/HD LINK SET (link) and it's for the facelift. I don't have a link for the pre-facelift if that's what you need.

Couple of points that come to mind if it helps:

• Pre-facelift uses M12 ball joints and the facelift uses uprated M14 ball joints
  • The torque setting is different between the M12 and M14 ball joints (watch out for this if following the FCP Euro guide)
  • Two of the arms have the ball joints torqued on the bench, so a vice is handy.
  • The thin heatshield between the arms and the steering column is a pain to remove and refit (need to remove to gain access to a bolt)
  • I think there's a bolt which is a triple square type. There's also torx etc.
  • Remember to only tighten up by hand and then pre-load the suspension before torquing up.
  • Ball Joint Splitter helps as does a strut spreader socket

The first split pin was a nightmare, we had serious heat on it so for the second one I went out and bought a right angle air wrench and hammered outwards on the opposite side of the split pin to get it out (used a little bit of heat). Took about ten minutes using this method. (link).

Hope this helps.

I have a full front kit plus shock mounts from 034 motorsports to go on when I pluck up the courage to start the job. Its not needed yet but car has 148k miles so its only a matter of when.

Hi, my suspension arm bushes are goosed and need replacing ASAP. Just wondering if anyone has used a kit off the net on their car? Rather than sourcing all the parts individually. The only kit I can see that i would trust is a Meyle all the rest look like cheap Chinese names ive never head of. Reason I'm looking to do full kit is the car is now on 120k and I've owned it from 60k and its never had any suspension done except for the springs and shocks.

Thanks Chris
Pics & videos of your endeavours would be nice, if you have the time.