SW Dealership meet

I'm new here, SW based and interested in a dealer tour.

To be fair i haven't been pursuing it since i last spoke to Sandra on this thread, June has been crazy busy for me and people dont seem to really pay much attention to the local section of the forum (at least on our side of things) @Sandra any chance you can knock up a date for us? Any weekend in September or October will do, as soon as a date gets finalized i can try and start motivating people. Will obviously depend on Audi as well with the new plates coming out etc

Reactions: Sandra
Ok. I will work on a date. It prob be mid September as dealership too busy with new registrations first week or so. I will phone them see when they will have us. :) x

From organising other events I can understand how much work is involved so I appreciate the work you are doing and i'm sure the other members do as well. Look forward to getting a date and thanks for your efforts

From organising other events I can understand how much work is involved so I appreciate the work you are doing and i'm sure the other members do as well. Look forward to getting a date and thanks for your efforts
Thank you :) x

Should have a date for you all mid week. The dealership are busy first days of september with new registrations. :) x

Reactions: Lavis89
Should have a date for you all mid week. The dealership are busy first days of september with new registrations. :) x
Thanks Sandra ! Appreciate the efforts you and others put in to arrange these things, cant be an easy task!

Thanks Sandra ! Appreciate the efforts you and others put in to arrange these things, cant be an easy task!
I arrange all the dealership meets on my own and enjoy doing so. :) x

I'm new (again) and would be interested in meeting up with local faces.

I'm new (again) and would be interested in meeting up with local faces.
I'm talking with local dealerships to set up a meet so watch this space Tom :) x

Reactions: Lavis89
Plenty of parking at and around the Bath dealership. It is surrounded by offices that would most likely have empty car parks on a weekend...

Bath is probably a bit far for most of our members! pretty much half way across the country from those down in Cornwall.

Does all depends on what dealers will offer us though i guess

It was only a suggestion, as others had mentioned that places like Exeter were quite small and had nowhere to park.

If you can wait exeter is having a new dealership built on marsh Barton due next year as they have out grown the current one in 7 years. If it's like the new vw garage that's just opened it will be sizeable.

Using Google Earth for aerial photos, based on the number of cars in the lot outside, Exeter (70) is bigger that Taunton (50) or Yeovil (50). The latter two I know, and would describe as compact rather than lavish, even if they have more than enough room for business.
Plymouth has a similar 50, but it looks like the photo was taken during some sort of visit.
And Barnstaple has 50, but for Audi and soda and vw, so a nice drive, but not a good destination for this thread.

Is the aerial photo a useful measure?

Plymouth is my local and has recently finished a refurbishment. Appears the images on google maps still show the old forecourt and service area design, this has changed now. Although the spaces available are probably about the same!

Refurbishment? Sounds like a company that would want some exposure of their new facilities.
Might even have good tea-making facilities...

Even when they were mid refurbishment their tea making facilities were rather splendid (had to pop up there for parts)

Reactions: Wondering Soul
Hmm, the enthusiasm for the tea-making facilities is rather British.
But on a slightly more serious note, what would people expect to see or benefit from in a dealer visit?
For those buying new in the near future (or modding older vehicles) finding out all the goodies on the new cars is a plus.
For those on a more realistic budget, a good collection of pre-loved vehicles can be great.
For those who live locally, establishing strong(er) bonds with the staff is a plus.
For me, coming from three dealers away, I'm there for the drive, the ASN cameraderie, and (of course) the tea. Good to get some names to faces, on neutral ground, even if I will take some flack for my unwashed car.

Reactions: Wondering Soul
And I completely forgot the best part of any such "show", the Gizzits.
So a nice little A4 model for the desk (normally silly money), or mats, etc, make the day have a certain something.
;)

Names to faces is a big one for me, been on these boards for years and only ever met phil miller and Bill from b5 face to face.

Also test driving some of the higher in the range cars and networking with some of the staff there. I'll be on the lookout for a B8 S4 after christmas so wouldn't mind chatting to them about that (hard to get hold of this deep in the SW)

Yes, chatting to confirm the online persona reflects the real world person is definitely the big part of such gatherings. And to know the skills that can be shared (valet vs mechanic vs VCDS)
Was part of an online bike club, and the local gathering before going for a ride out together works so well. Biking is solitary, you don't talk much whilst travelling (except those with radios or pillions), but at least parking near to each other at the destination is quite easy.
Not expecting the same attendance count, but a run out would be good, and need not be so weather dependant.
Anon

I have tried arranging one before but this part of the forum unfortunately is quite neglected. I know we have a large active userbase in the southwest but not many people seem to check here or be intrested in what i've tried to sort out :( still hoping this one will get sorted soon. Hopefully now the 65 plate has been around for a few weeks we should be able to get a date sorted.

I'd be interested in something, husky to liaise with local dealer if needed.