SW Summer Dyno Shootout and Dartmoor Tour.

Lavis89

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Credit to @RO65ERS for this idea.

This post is trying to gather some interest, things tend to move slowly here so i'm picking a rough date for now, which will be some time in mid June (depending on when we can get on a dyno) prices will likely depend on numbers etc so will have to be confirmed once we get some interest.

At the moment the idea is: have a rolling road day on a 4wd dyno in/around Plymouth then have a little tour around the picturesque Dartmoor, stopping along the way for some group photo opportunities.

If you're interested then comment below and lets hopefully get something sorted.

Alan Jeffery has done loads of car club dyno days in Plympton , Plymouth .

Reactions: Wondering Soul
Definitely. Cheers for the heads up @RO65ERS !

Know of any local dynos that are decent?

The latest is RH tuning. He runs his rs6 and the gtr boys on his rollers with no issues.
Ak and Jeffery are the more so common and obvious choices who regularly hold dyno days.

Jefferies 01752 345880
Ak motors 01752 335333
RH tuning 0176w 341967

I've used jefferies in the past for rolling shoot outs.
My results were very accurate along side spec and again after a revo tune.

Never used ak. But I've heard good things.

RH tuning, never used myself but he is an authorised Apr dealer. This could be beneficial.

RH tuning, never used myself but he is an authorised Apr dealer. This could be beneficial.
Spoke to Ryan down there a while back about an APR Stage 1 tune with an APR carbon filter. Could be interesting.

New member to the forum, just picked up my new (to me) C6 Allroad, would be up for meeting local owners.

Reactions: Lavis89 and RO65ERS
Definitely interested @Lavis89
The South West needs a real boost in terms of local events this year. Anybody off to Silverstone next weekend?

@Lavis89 have you spoken to the above places with rolling roads yet regarding number / prices?
any thought on date?

I haven't yet, going to get on it on the weekend, date will probably late may/early june, give people plenty of notice

Reactions: RO65ERS and Wondering Soul
So far i got a message back from AK quoting £35 per car for 2 runs and a print out (for 15+ cars), waiting to hear from the others

Reactions: Wondering Soul and RO65ERS
Did you try Tsr?

Reactions: RO65ERS
I haven't yet because they're a bit far from dartmoor if we're going to try and door a run around the moors as well as rolling road session

Heard back from RH tuning and they have said they dont run dyno days any more. Just waiting on TSR, will give them until mid week, if i dont hear anything then i'll set a date with AK in plymouth

Reactions: RO65ERS
Heard back from RH tuning and they have said they dont run dyno days any more. Just waiting on TSR, will give them until mid week, if i dont hear anything then i'll set a date with AK in plymouth

I dont think they're really in a position to be picky...

I'd be happy with the drive to tsr if it ended up that way!
Ak have a rolling road day next month which I'm going to.

Got a message back from TSR, going to call them on Monday. Been busy with work the past week so haven't made much progress. Hopefully get a date around the start of June

Been on the phone to them today, awaiting on a email back with dates and prices, looks like it will be on a Saturday towards the end of june

Reactions: Wondering Soul
Never ended up getting a email back from TSR. Butttttt

This has been booked. June 25th at AK Motorworx in Plymouth

http://www.akmotorworx.co.uk/

If people could spread the word i would be very grateful. If we're lacking on cars i will open it up to other clubs but i would prefer to try and get a decent amount of ASN people first! If you know of other audi owners (or anything quite interesting) that may not be part of these forums then feel free to bring them along, just write in this thread somewhere who they are and what they're bringing.

@RO65ERS @Dub2Dub @AndroidAvant @Wondering Soul @Dave Vaughan

Reactions: Wondering Soul and RO65ERS
The s3 went into limp mode today.
Epc, Eml and various messages showing.

Not impressed.

I'm sure it'll be sorted by then.

Might have to cancel this due to the lack of interest. I've already opened it up to audi owners club on facebook and so far R06ERS is the only person to show any interest.

If i get a evening free during the week I'll try and PM everyone that has signed the members list above, but unfortunately it's a length process to do so and need to confirm the date by the start of next week really.