Swap my car and give £250.00 for r32 mk5 2008 reg ? Thoughts ?

TDI140

Reaction score
Ive been offered a mk5 r32 as a px for my car its in red 3 door with recaro bucket seats full loaded no sat nav but thats not an issue, whats everyones thoughts ?

No thanks, R32 is very very expensive to tune & IMHO not all that impressive.

As NHN said they are expensive to tune and cannot gain much from them, Nice car non the less.

Get it bought and get it lit.

Reactions: crunchie
Yes mate take it with open arms, it's hard to sell your a3 heavily modified, but much easier to sell a stock hot hatch, u can sell the r32 at later date for an s3

Not forgetting the £420 road tax as its newer than 2006

Without a doubt swap. R32 all day long. You'd be mad not to.

fully loaded r32 sounds nice! and they do sound nice.

I'd want to know its full history first, and dont forget to save some money for shares in Shell or BP.

Reactions: aky20 and NHN
The tax would put me off but they do sound spot on but it takes a lot to get any good power out of them

fully loaded you say?:cool:

Not that fully loaded if it doesn't have sat nav!!
Too expensive to run and tune. Stick with the oil burner and save some £ till you can buy an S3.

A no brainer!
Sound like a gritter or the sound of a V6.
If you're even considering it the running costs are not an issue.
Get it swapped lad!

I personally don't get the whole "tuning a diesel" scene but I know plenty folk do it.
As stated before, you would probably struggle to sell yours given the amount you've done to it.

I'm on the get it swapped team.

The R32 is a great car, considerably under powered but nothing that a trip to the boys at Storm Developments can't help you with.

Get them to do one of their turbo or super charger conversions on it and you're golden!!

why he want to swap is a question worth taking note of? hmmmmm like r32s but love the s3s!

hmmm id wait for the S3 why would you want something thats 2nd best :p

i personally would not bother with the V6 R32, better buying the GTi or later 2.0 Litre R golf or even an Audi S3

Reactions: NHN
Sounds too good to be true! I'd probably do it but without seeing it or knowing it's history etc.... Hummm

Rang insurance conpany this morning they want £1000 more and said it will go up even more next year as in 21, dont think v6 is meant for me in this age, ill just carry on thning my tdi i guess lr wait for edition 30 or an s3

i personally would not bother with the V6 R32, better buying the GTi or later 2.0 Litre R golf or even an Audi S3

100% on this, GTI, S3 & others are highly tunable & will outpace the R32 easily with the right tools & for a feck load less money, couldn't give a toss how it sounds, its what it does is what matters.

Reactions: N8 and big harty
100% on this, GTI, S3 & others are highly tunable & will outpace the R32 easily with the right tools & for a feck load less money, couldn't give a toss how it sounds, its what it does is what matters.

well a highly tuned R32 will wipe out an S3 any day of the week ...

its got carbon fiber door bonnet, boot lid, bumpers and wings... put a GTX35R stroke a V6...and s highly tuned S3 will be lost in its dust...

how do i know that... well Seb @ Euro Automotive is building one...

obviously for you $$$ is limited.. and its not going to the race track.. just wanted to iron out the facts.. as much as i love Audi and also have a 2.0 TQ myself and dont facy a 20,000$ turbo kit and 10,000$ engine rebuild..

neway so in your case mate... stick with the TDI 140 and save up for a sexy S3

The R32 is expensive to run and you have limited tuning potential but it is a seriously nice car to drive. The 3.2 makes it flexible on the road, especially with dsg, but still a quick car and although ultimately you can tune an S3 way more than the Golf that's not really the point of one tbh.
When I had my S3 it took me 6 months to get over not having the V6 soundtrack anymore and I still went back to one after a year.

Not that fully loaded if it doesn't have sat nav!!
Too expensive to run and tune. Stick with the oil burner and save some £ till you can buy an S3.

i know i love it when people see it has 1 or 2 options ticked and claim its fully loaded:laugh:

My brother has he has a milltek full system on it and sounds amazing also not to forget the LPG it runs on

Pic

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1375269401252.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1375269401252.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 300
r32 with lpg cap on the side? really? REALLY??
he could at least put a hidden cap!!

Reactions: pwilliamson1991
Looks a nice car although if I'm honest the lpg conversion kills it for me, especially the filler cap on the rear bumper

yeh its nice the car the sound of the v6 is epic and economy is decent aswell now not too bothered about the cap to be honest as when he sells it he will just get the circle that has been cut out plasti welded back in and painted so there will be no sign:thumbsup:

i'm not talking about that. it's just weird to see high performance car, and then on the side of the bumper lpg cap!

Getting increasingly difficult to sell the big engined petrol cars, you would have to be a moron to buy one.....thats what the boring people say anyway.

i say do it!!

Reactions: pwilliamson1991
yeh does look a bit off should had a bit of a better location

Reactions: S.
I'd say hold out for an S3 if that's your plan. Depends on what you want from the deal. R32s sound good, but aren't very tunable, and no sat-nav doesn't sound very "fully loaded" to me... what else does it not have? Bare in mind that it's not just tax and fuel, the R is going to be a lot more to run in every way - insurance, tax, fuel, oil, tyres, brakes, plugs... everything.

If you're wanting to try a Golf, and are swaying towards petrol, get a GTI or even an ED30. They're both mappable to beyond R32 power, and is the better car in every way except sound and only FWD (which isn't always a bad thing).

Reactions: NHN
it's easier to get and retrofit sat nav than buckets isn't it? also if it's getting a swap for a tuned tdi it's a great deal. it would be easier to sell r32 than tuned tdi later on...

Used to date a girl who owned an R32 while my S3 was still standard. Couldn't believe how sluggish the R32 felt to drive coming from the standard S3. Personally, I'd have one in my 'dream' garage purely for the noise, but in the real world I'd take a GTI, Golf R or S3 any day of the week.

My fathers advice is keep my car forever and buy an rs4 in a years time :-/ sounds like the best plan ever, all i need is 17k better get selling some serious shops lol, i guess imback on the modification board just fittex my audi a8 LED number plate bulbs and had front grilsl sprayed gloss black

well a highly tuned R32 will wipe out an S3 any day of the week ...

You just made my point entirely, "a highly tuned R32", to get to that level on that engine will cost thousands, whereas tuning say an S3 even to 360 BHP is a fraction of the cost, given the OP's love of tuning, he'd be mad to buy an R32 & then be stuck at stock power, which for me is not that exciting & cost the earth to increase.

Let alone, insurance, road tax, fuel cost.