Swap stage 2+ prefl rs3 for fl ttrs?

• Thread starter Deleted member 117185
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 117185

Hi all,

Im in a lucky enough position to maybe think about swapping my prefl rs3 for a ttrs. I’ve found 2 great spec examples from 2 private owners on Auto trader, and with 2 of them under 39k. One is a 66 reg with 12k miles/3 owners and one is a 67 reg with 26k miles/2 owners, both very similarly specced bar a few options. Think the 66 reg has the carbon interior and engine covers and matrix front lights where as the other 67 reg has oled rears and Audi side assist, so its swings and roundabouts really, but the rest of the spec is the same, I.e sports exhaust, mag ride, TPMS, RS design, red stitched interior, comfort and sound, black pack etc etc.

my prefl is fully loaded, bar adaptive cruise control and side assist. I’m a little worried I’m going to miss the engine note and the pops and bangs, as with the ttrs I believe you must have the bangs mapped in and from what I’ve heard, it just sounds artificial and downright atrocious compared to the genuine article from factory like on my prefl.

I know the fl cars are quite a bit quicker on the dragy devices, but I’m not really much of a number chaser, as long as it feels fast. I’m more about road appeal and turning heads. I feel the ttrs is rarer and will certainly get more looks over my prefl, but then again more people seem to recognise the rs3 over the ttrs, the ttrs being the more niche car.

financially, I am looking to do some home improvements on a house I’ve acquired over the next couple of years - I own my rs3 outright, but I was looking to sell it and get 31-33k out of it, and then take a 25k loan over 60 months @ 2.9%, which works out to be £447 a month. if I then used 12k or so out of the cash I free up, it would leave me with a good 20 grand to go towards improvements and a loan which may be for 5 years but at a low low rate of interest.

I guess I’m just wanting to make sure it will be a decision worth while - not a smart choice as cars never are, but you have to have a vice and some fun in your life.

is it worth the swap?

Hi all,

Im in a lucky enough position to maybe think about swapping my prefl rs3 for a ttrs. I’ve found 2 great spec examples from 2 private owners on Auto trader, and with 2 of them under 39k. One is a 66 reg with 12k miles/3 owners and one is a 67 reg with 26k miles/2 owners, both very similarly specced bar a few options. Think the 66 reg has the carbon interior and engine covers and matrix front lights where as the other 67 reg has oled rears and Audi side assist, so its swings and roundabouts really, but the rest of the spec is the same, I.e sports exhaust, mag ride, TPMS, RS design, red stitched interior, comfort and sound, black pack etc etc.

my prefl is fully loaded, bar adaptive cruise control and side assist. I’m a little worried I’m going to miss the engine note and the pops and bangs, as with the ttrs I believe you must have the bangs mapped in and from what I’ve heard, it just sounds artificial and downright atrocious compared to the genuine article from factory like on my prefl.

I know the fl cars are quite a bit quicker on the dragy devices, but I’m not really much of a number chaser, as long as it feels fast. I’m more about road appeal and turning heads. I feel the ttrs is rarer and will certainly get more looks over my prefl, but then again more people seem to recognise the rs3 over the ttrs, the ttrs being the more niche car.

financially, I am looking to do some home improvements on a house I’ve acquired over the next couple of years - I own my rs3 outright, but I was looking to sell it and get 31-33k out of it, and then take a 25k loan over 60 months @ 2.9%, which works out to be £447 a month. if I then used 12k or so out of the cash I free up, it would leave me with a good 20 grand to go towards improvements and a loan which may be for 5 years but at a low low rate of interest.

I guess I’m just wanting to make sure it will be a decision worth while - not a smart choice as cars never are, but you have to have a vice and some fun in your life.

is it worth the swap?
Only you driving it so only you will know if it's worth it. I'd have RS3 over ttrs all day but there'll be many that wouldn't.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Had an S3 and current shape TT but not an RS. The TT is a much better looking car, better handling and one of the best Audi interiors. The boot with seats down is surprisingly big.

You could always keep your car and borrow the money for home improvements.

Hi all,

is it worth the swap?
Are you selling the car to do the home improvements? If so, what are you going to have left to swap?
Is it a choice between car and home improvements?

Hi all,

is it worth the swap?
I had a stock PFL RS3 which after a while I had an MRC stage 1 tune put on. I then bought a mint, fully specced Nardo TTRS with the OLED rear lights.

Initially I missed the outright noise of the PFL RS3 but actually, I think I ended up preferring the new engine. Take it under a tunnel and it still sounds like an old F1 car and has a more varied tonality to it.

The interior is light years ahead and the handling a step up. I did miss the pops and bangs on the downshifts but that was about it. After some miles I got a Revo stage 1 tune on it and it was savage.

In summary, I would absolutely make the change if you don’t need the rear seats. I think it has been my favourite ever car. And that’s throwing my new car into the mix, too.

Are you selling the car to do the home improvements? If so, what are you going to have left to swap?
Is it a choice between car and home improvements?

its not, but selling and taking a finance bank loan against another would give me an extra £20,000 to go towards, so instead of £30k it would be more like £50k.

Reactions: RS03_SEN
I had a stock PFL RS3 which after a while I had an MRC stage 1 tune put on. I then bought a mint, fully specced Nardo TTRS with the OLED rear lights.

Initially I missed the outright noise of the PFL RS3 but actually, I think I ended up preferring the new engine. Take it under a tunnel and it still sounds like an old F1 car and has a more varied tonality to it.

The interior is light years ahead and the handling a step up. I did miss the pops and bangs on the downshifts but that was about it. After some miles I got a Revo stage 1 tune on it and it was savage.

In summary, I would absolutely make the change if you don’t need the rear seats. I think it has been my favourite ever car. And that’s throwing my new car into the mix, too.

Thanks doc. Plans for this would be stage 1 + an intercooler and that would it be power wise I think. From what I remember, stage 2 (so just downpipe change) on the fl didn’t make a huge difference and isn’t worth the expense, so stage 1 “plus” would be best I think.

what is your new car? The fact that I could make the swap for 2 grand at most, would that make it a total no brainer?

Thanks doc. Plans for this would be stage 1 + an intercooler and that would it be power wise I think. From what I remember, stage 2 (so just downpipe change) on the fl didn’t make a huge difference and isn’t worth the expense, so stage 1 “plus” would be best I think.

what is your new car? The fact that I could make the swap for 2 grand at most, would that make it a total no brainer?
I would absolutely go for it! The interior alone (along with that awesome steering wheel!) is worth the £2k alone.
New car is a 991.2 Carrera 4S. Handling is on another level but the engine and interior aren’t as good as the TTRS!

Attachments

• 71476187-A296-4EC3-B686-35BA96FC0C31.jpeg
    71476187-A296-4EC3-B686-35BA96FC0C31.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 265