Swirl Finding Lights

christuffley

Reaction score
Hi all

Just wondered if anyone has a recommendation for a reasonable swirl finding lights. Don't want the stand lights really just a handheld.

I've seen the CREE led lights for peanuts on amazon but wondering if there's any advice from here.

Cheers
Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've seen these around. Does the sun match work as well for swirl detection as well as paint matching.

I've seen these around. Does the sun match work as well for swirl detection as well as paint matching.

It has two power levels so is good for different paint colours.
I have one of those DIY drill lights too and that is not bad. I bought it several years ago from a guy on eBay who was also a member of detailing world. The price he was asking was only a few pounds more than buying the bits separate.

This what Polished Bliss say about the Sunmatch

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/scangrip-sunmatch.html

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Reactions: christuffley
I'm OCD about my car but when it comes to swirls, if it takes a special light to see them, then I don't really care about them lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'm OCD about my car but when it comes to swirls, if it takes a special light to see them, then I don't really care about them lol

Its a light to use to see them while you are working in a garage, as its not advisable to work in direct sunlight.

The sun will show all the swirls unfortunately, so no hiding from them!

Reactions: christuffley
Got my eye on a
Used sunmatch on eBay. Seem the best lights

Its a light to use to see them while you are working in a garage, as its not advisable to work in direct sunlight.

The sun will show all the swirls unfortunately, so no hiding from them!

Aha fair enough. I can see a ton of swirls under my normal garage fluorescent lights, more so than in the sun.

I was quite lucky I found mine on eBay. It was brand new, the seller was quite close to me so I picked it up and paid £90 for it

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk