Swirl Flap Issues, advice please

dt-tdi

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi all

My engine management light is back on, after running vcds its showing the following fault:

004120 - Intake Manifold Runner (Bank 2)
p1018 - 001 - Lower Limit not reached

I've already tried fixing this problem with advice from members on here with a genuine repair kit bought from Audi similar to this one, the problem went away for a few months but the engine management light is now back on :-(

My car is a Dec 2006 3.0tdi quattro low miler (47k) so I didn't anticipate getting this problem so soon but I do appreciate it is a known problem with my model.

I suspect the internals of the swirl flap housing are in need of upgrading?
Any advice would be greatly received.
I live in Cheshire if anyone knows of anyone who could fix this as it's a bit beyond my spanner skills to attempt a complete strip down.

Thanks in advance

There is a Bulgarian crowd who sell uprated manifolds on an exchange basis - here is some info and links.

I also bought the Audi kit which fixed one side for about 6 months, the other still hasn't failed yet.
Mine is also a December 06 - but has 170K on it!
However if you remove the manifolds and clean them you will find a shed-load of play on the plastic bearings that the flap rod runs in. These a replaced with the new manifold.

I will be buying them later in the year once I get some cash and time.

I could do Paul - but I'm not sure what else I would want from a map at the moment and I can't do the removal myself.

What would be a ballpark cost?
(Bearing in mind I'm in Aberdeenshire so unlikely to be coming down!!)

Wouldn't lIke to say what other would charge to be honest say a remap with them removed and the labour £300 all in, but then I would say you may aswell do an egr delete whilst on' and maybe DPF removed, justy personal preference especially if you keeping the car

Reactions: PAULF
Thanks Paul
I suspected that type of figure - I'll think about it but suspect I'll just change the manifolds.

It may well be a solution for others though - especially if they want extra power too.

Reactions: Paul @ Unit 9 Remaps