Swirls caused by dealer

Hm121

Reaction score
Hello all,

This is my first post, but I have taken my Audi TT to the dealership this morning for an interim service and a brake fluid change, the car was a little dirty so I agreed to them washing it, I know it was stupid letting them do it, but I thought it wouldn't be too bad, upon inspection the whole car is covered in swirl marks/scratches it's as if they have sprayed it with water then rubbed a dirty cloth over it, it's not even clean, they cleaned 1/3 of the alloys, and its as if they decided they couldn't be bothered half way through and left the rest, I spoke with the manager and they have arranged to put it in their detailing shop and get it machine polished as it needs the water pump replacing also which is getting done under warranty, as a goodwill gesture they are doing the haldex and gearbox oil free of charge, but in all honestly I don't really trust them to do a good job polishing it, does any one have any opinions on this, or can recommend a good detailer in the north West region/ Cheshire and get Audi to pay the bill.

Additionally as I was waiting I couldn't help but notice they had an employee walking around rubbing down all the cars outside with the same cloth in the morning to get rid of the condensation, which drove me crazy as there is no way all those cars are perfectly clean, so they are effectively transferring dirt between cars, which furthers my reason not to trust them to do a good job, so if anyone can recommend a detailer in the north West region that would be appreciated.

I've had a similar experience but with collection of a new ford focus a couple of years ago.

The car I was collecting was full of swirls and it was brand new. I had such a hard fight on my hands to get them to pay for a professional detail. But in the end they did!

It's well worth trying your luck in getting them to pay for a professional detail. They'll try to fob you off to begin with, make excuses that the car came to them in that condition. But don't let off.

Hopefully it gets sorted for you.

I've had a similar experience but with collection of a new ford focus a couple of years ago.

The car I was collecting was full of swirls and it was brand new. I had such a hard fight on my hands to get them to pay for a professional detail. But in the end they did!

It's well worth trying your luck in getting them to pay for a professional detail. They'll try to fob you off to begin with, make excuses that the car came to them in that condition. But don't let off.

Hopefully it gets sorted for you.
Glad to hear you managed to get them to pay for it, just spoke to Audi and they said they will do it or they can get fix auto to do it who is an Audi approved repairer, and I can still get the oil done free of charge but if I wanted to get it done else where they would pay for it but I wouldn't get anything else, think I will get it done else where, the chap from Audi was a bit of ***** when I just spoke to him so he can go screw him self when I present with the most expensive quote I can find

Was the Audi dealer that caused the swirls the one near to Cheshire Oaks shopping centre? Just wondering because that is the dealer that I use.

Never let any of those dealer sponge jockeys so called cleaners near your car . They never heard of a safety wash.