Swissvax Crystal Rock - Worth it?

Schuey

Reaction score
I have a dilemma & therefore I am looking for some advice on the next product to use as an LSP.

I would like to purchase the above wax but as you are probably aware it's pretty expensive and I need to be sure it's as good as it says it is. I have read some reviews and it appears this is the top level of wax in terms of performance & durability. The next step would presumably be a sealant?

The options I have are buy the wax and try it for myself or pay for a swissvax accredited detailer to carry out an enhancement detail & apply two coats of Crystal Rock. Now the SV accredited detailers I have spoken with have stated that the car needs the enhancement prior to the application and don't really want to just wash it & then add the wax onto the paint as it stands. (In fairness full credit to them sticking to the correct process I guess)

By the time I purchase the wax, some applicators & a few more bits & pieces as we do before a full detail the price of either will be around the £300-£350 range. With an accredited SV detailer I'm confident in a flawless finish & will probably save 2 days work for myself.

So which would you choose? Alternatively any other suggestions?

(I'm not really looking for a sealant right now hence sticking with the wax options.)

I'd pay the pro to do it to ensure the best results. I've seen a few cars done with it and it does look nice. However for the money I'd be going sealant. No disrespect, you said you didn't want to do that.

How about a notch down and DIY with something like Swissvax Shield?

Reactions: Bristle Hound and Schuey
I'd pay the pro to do it to ensure the best results. I've seen a few cars done with it and it does look nice. However for the money I'd be going sealant. No disrespect, you said you didn't want to do that.

How about a notch down and DIY with something like Swissvax Shield?

Thanks for the info, I will read up on the Shield & see how that looks. If I went with the detailer I believe the price is the same whichever wax I chose but the DIY approach at half the price is now more tempting.

The issue I have with using sealants is me, I have no experience in using them & if I did mess it up it sounds a bit less forgiving or to correct.

Reactions: scotty76
@Schuey - As @scotty76 says I would go down the Pro-Detailer route if you are going to be spending that sort of money

As an aside. I've found its best to have a wax over a sealent and not sealent over wax

Reactions: Schuey
Thank you both, I will let you know which route I go and more importantly get some photos posted once its done :salute:

Reactions: Bristle Hound and scotty76
Understand @Schuey I wouldn't fancy DIYing a pro sealant either. My car has Cquartz Finest on it. It looks like it will comfortably make the 2 years promised but the application is fussy. It needs 24 hours in the dry after application.

While the initial outlay might seem expensive for a DA and that, I find that I've used mine quite a bit. When you change cars, do someones in your family, etc.

In terms of LSP, I would have a look at ceramics. Gyeon and Gtechniq are pretty popular ones, but I've decided to go with ECO Shield from Liquid Elements. I'm just finishing my paint correction but will be looking to rent out some garage space and apply it sometime next week. Application doesn't seem to be more difficult than a sealant, and the gloss, durability and protection are as good, if not exceed a lot of sealants I've seen. Of course you won't beat the depth and gloss of a natural carnauba wax, but theres no reason you cant use that on top.

Will happily post pics of when I get round to applying mine :)

While the initial outlay might seem expensive for a DA and that, I find that I've used mine quite a bit. When you change cars, do someones in your family, etc.

In terms of LSP, I would have a look at ceramics. Gyeon and Gtechniq are pretty popular ones, but I've decided to go with ECO Shield from Liquid Elements. I'm just finishing my paint correction but will be looking to rent out some garage space and apply it sometime next week. Application doesn't seem to be more difficult than a sealant, and the gloss, durability and protection are as good, if not exceed a lot of sealants I've seen. Of course you won't beat the depth and gloss of a natural carnauba wax, but theres no reason you cant use that on top.

Will happily post pics of when I get round to applying mine :)
Look forward to seeing this. :hubbahubba:

Reactions: DrEskimo
Look forward to seeing this. :hubbahubba:

My mate thats helping me with it sent me this video of a Sepang R8 that he applied it too...suffice to say it was enough to make me go "Yes Please!!!!"

My mate thats helping me with it sent me this video of a Sepang R8 that he applied it too...suffice to say it was enough to make me go "Yes Please!!!!"

Very nice. Hope he had a bit left over for that bald napper, :D

Look at swissvax best of show it's a really lovely wax expensive but worth it and a lot think it's the balance between how it looks and the price without going double the price.

Zymol Glasur is a top class wax and alot cheaper