Switching from cash purchase to finance?

Rs3Dude

Reaction score
Hi guys, recently ordered my RS3, won't be coming until June as exclusive paint and I've told dealer I'm in no keen rush for it..

Anyway when I did the deal, We agreed a cash purchase price, 2000 down and the rest payable on collection. However it seems like myself and the soon to be cheating ex wife will go our separate ways which means I'm going to use the cash for the rs3 to pay the ***** off.

I want to leave it as late as possible to tell the dealer of the circumstances, Incase I can find the cash needed. However worse case scenario should I have to go through finance can it be done there and then at the dealers when the car arrives? Or will they say no and I'm legally obliged to pay them the cash?

Many thanks

They will be happier with finance they make more out of it. Let them know you may want to finance and they will do the affordability let you know if it's going to be ok. Then closer to the time agree final details on deposit and such like. Usually do the final sign and finance in the day tho some do it the day before.

Oh and good ridience to the EX bud don't let her take too much

Or you could get a f type and go fanny hunting loo

Reactions: DommyR
You can tell the dealer now you are going down the finance route and you have right the way upto to 14 days after collection to cancel the finance and pay it off in full without ANY charges or interest. A lot of people end up getting a better deal with the dealer by taking out their finance, and clearing it within 14 days, whether that is immoral or not is subjective !

Reactions: AndyB-S3
I'd do it now. If you end up in a messy divorce (hope not) with settlements etc it could affect your credit score. If you do it now everything is sorted even if it goes belly up.
Wish you all the best. Never an easy time. As they say, plenty more fish in the sea. And in an RS3 you may get chatted up a lot more. :witless:

Sorry to hear about the soon to be ex mate.

As mentioned get the finance set up and if you do have the cash come delivery then pay off after collection. Dealer won't care as they will have already been paid from VW financial services and got their cut etc..when buying my 2nd hand s3 my dealer in not so many words told me to do this. I got 2 free services and dealer contribution as well as a really good trade in price. Paid off 6days after collection and i was financially better off for it.

Out of interest what is your spec?

All the best.