Systems fault and airbag light

MsAudi88

Reaction score
Hi all,

looking for some advice. There are lots of threads regarding the warning message and airbag light but none relating to my circumstances.
Firstly i have a 2013 audi a3 tfsi 1.4 petrol.

the passenger side airbag had been turned off for a few weeks as i had my baby in a rear facing passenger seat.

as baby now has a fixed seat in the back i decided to turn the airbag back on- as you are supposed to.
The ignition was off and i used the key to turn the switch, afterwards i turned the ignition on but the light was still on. I noticed i hadnt turned the switch enough as it was now sat between the on and off settings so i turned the ignition back off and turned it until it made a click noise. Im not sure if it was supposed to click the way it did as when i turned the ignition back on an error popped up on the dash saying safety system fault check manual and the airbag light has stayed on.

im aware im probably going to have to send the car away for the light to be turned off but any ideas what ive done and what the likely problem is??

thanks in advance

Sounds like a switch problem as it shouldn't allow removal halfway turned tbh, it's either on or off.

Whereabouts are you based?

In the interim, remove glovebox & see if the connector has come of at all, probably longs shot but still, if it's that simple, the airbag light will need to be cleared regardless.

I could probably fix it, WhatsApp me if of interest.

All over, I'd come to you if economics work for both.