Tapping/knocking noise.

DW81

Reaction score
Hi folks, towards the end of my commute this morning I noticed a tapping/knocking noise either coming from the back of the engine or underneath along the exhaust. This noise was only present when I come if the accelerator pedal. It’s not there when I accelerate or I’m sat still reving it. The car was up to temperature as my commute is 80miles. Not loss of power, engine light, and car seems to be running fine, pops and crackles still present so thought I would throw it out on here, be interested in any comments or feedback you might be able to give me on this cheers, Dan

Hi folks, towards the end of my commute this morning I noticed a tapping/knocking noise either coming from the back of the engine or underneath along the exhaust. This noise was only present when I come if the accelerator pedal. It’s not there when I accelerate or I’m sat still reving it. The car was up to temperature as my commute is 80miles. Not loss of power, engine light, and car seems to be running fine, pops and crackles still present so thought I would throw it out on here, be interested in any comments or feedback you might be able to give me on this cheers, Dan
Loose exhaust?

Good shout DOC will look tonight when I get home,