TAR REMOVAL

stoakseya4

Reaction score
Hi guys

Cleaned and polished both A4's at the weekend (!) and am knackered! However, doing the saloon's wheels I noticed what looked like a tar build up?

Took ages of hard rubbing to remove most of it but not all of it? Any recommendations for said bespoiler of rims ??!

TA

;)

White spirit works as well as anything, most peeps have some lurking round the garage too.:w00t:

We use Autosmart Tardis as an all round tar remover for paint and rims. It is a white spirit based product, and is safe for use on all exterior surfaces. It makes tasks like this a breeze; you simply spray on, wait 60 secs, then wipe gently with a soft towel and finally rinse with running water - job done!

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/autosmart-tardis-clean.html

:yes:

Just like magic ! Like the fact it works on paintwork too...

Thanks !

Hi Carl,

Hope things are well with you and the important ones mate.

The tardis is top stuff, just make sure to get either sealant or wheel wax protection on the wheels afterwards. Good protection from the UV and heat that I remember so well from last summer!

Regards.

i have just been out having a go at the misus yellow mini, the amount of tar is unbelievable..... used autoglym stuff on it, and it says to leave for 2 minutes then wipe off.....

1st issue, its not exactly warm here, yet it dries before 2 mins.... and rubbing bearly gets any off..... i have clayed a lil area then applied the autoglym stuf...and its still no easier (as assumed a lot of the tar will have been waxed over).....

Any suggestions? or am i being a lazy sod, having spent a good hour on the boot alone and still not getting it clean enough to wax.

think we came to the conclusion of using the spirit previously or Tardis..... should have waited anordered the good stuff..... couldnt wait to get it done was the problem:laugh:

I have Tardis and its amazing stuff. Spray it on and it melts the tar. Absolute god send

right....next question, where can i get some Tardis from near Sheffield..... i know its not available retail normally and have googled it to no avail. Any ideas? ideally after some for Saturday

You could try contacting Autosmart themselves and see if they have a rep nearby or do what most people do and buy it from polishedbliss :)

will do Matt, i have read in several places that you can get it for £12, polished bliss charge £28ish inc postage.... just trying to be economical

ah, well the reason i needed it was for the misus mini, but now spent hours claying and it looks like it should now...... mate also got me some Tar and Glue from his body shop..... that didnt fetch off any of the Mini's tar either..... i think the car had never had a decent job on it TBH.... or maybe sap from years ago? was hard work regardless