TDI Avant wide body on ebay

Each to their own, I suppose. Personally, with all that bad boy attitude on display I'd want a bit more than 170 diesel horses on tap. Er, and some leather inside wouldn't go amiss.

It's been kicking around ebay for a while. Wonder why? :think:

I think the car looks very smart but with 128,000 on the clock would you really want it ?

I think the car looks very smart but with 128,000 on the clock would you really want it ?

With that many miles in 3 years, it's got to be motorway miles, I bet it's sweeter and less worn than a lot of cars with low "town miles".
Mileage snobs are a bit misguided. Plus, nice cars are made to be driven.

With that many miles in 3 years, it's got to be motorway miles, I bet it's sweeter and less worn than a lot of cars with low "town miles".
Mileage snobs are a bit misguided. Plus, nice cars are made to be driven.

I agree, mine has covered 125k on an 06 plate and its still in very good condition. I have covered around 55k in 2 years in mine. I have seen cars of the same age and spec with half the milage as mine in alot worse condition.

Mmmmmmmmmm have to agree that motoway miles are better than stop /start town drives but on a 2.0 tdi B7 Engine this is a lot of miles.There are a lot of 2.0 tdi engines needing major re work long before this mileage !

Mmmmmmmmmm have to agree that motoway miles are better than stop /start town drives but on a 2.0 tdi B7 Engine this is a lot of miles.There are a lot of 2.0 tdi engines needing major re work long before this mileage !

Yes, ones that have been stop/start all the time.

Yes, ones that have been stop/start all the time.

On this matter you may well be correct.

My ex boss swears he never had any engine work done on his BLB and that one did 240,000 plus but was almost exclusively used on motorway journeys on runs between 3 and 5 hours ( we were on the same sites so I know these travel times to be true).

My own BLB on the other hand has been used for the most part on relatively short journeys, stop/start and I had to have the oil pump /balance shaft assembly replaced at 68000.

You may well have put another piece of the jig saw puzzle together here as to why the early BLB design has failed so often?

Just to be clear, the engine in the car in question isn't a BLB. And no-one's pointed out it'd probably be a nightmare to get insurance for, too ;)

Agreed on all points and your observation re the potential insurance costs may be the definitive reason this car has not sold previously?

I actually don't like the look of the car. It's so overdone, it looks like a cartoon cariacature.

iv seen the car b4 and after the kit was fitted
iv drove and been drove in it
it drives very well but looks **** in person
124k aint bad for these engines iv got 2 with same lump
1 has done 189k other 72k all mway miles on both same engine both unmapped
and the 72k 1 has had more work on it than the 189k
some cars go for ever some dont you only hear bout the bad ones
iv just got a b6 passat 2k under book with 141k on it drives an looks like new better than some with 50k iv drove

Last edited: